Read this for help reinstalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read this for help reinstalling

So I just purchased and tried installing Special Forces. I already have BF2 Vanilla and Euro Forces. It didn't go smoothly because Special Forces install tries to patch to an older version (which was current when Special Forces first shipped). I was getting the "modified content" issue and other weird things.

Long story short, I couldn't find current help in the forums on this. So I uninstalled everything and started over after re-patching and some other things didn't work. Here's what worked for me.

Hope this helps!

I wouldn't recommend using the EA Downloader to download the patches listed below. Google for them instead. I found this page that has them all:

http://mirror.datafast.net.au/games/...patch/?C=M;O=A

- Uninstall everything (BF2, Special Forces, Euro Forces)
    - Reboot for good measure
    - Install Battlefield 2 (my boxed version was version 1.03)
    - Install Special Forces (my boxed version automatically upgraded BF2 to 1.11 - let it upgrade it)
    - Install 1.2 patch (full version - 366 MB)
    - Install 1.21 patch (full version - 376 MB)
    - Install Euro Forces
    - Install 1.22 (incremental version - 10 MB)

If anyone knows of any shortcuts, let help each other out and lets keep this updated as additional patches, booster packs, etc. are released.

- Jason

Re: Read this for help reinstalling

I think you can just do it this way too, there's no need to use more than one patch to get to the latest version, except the ones that SF installs:
    - Uninstall everything (BF2, Special Forces, Euro Forces)
    - Reboot for good measure
    - Install Battlefield 2 (my boxed version was version 1.03)
    - Install Special Forces (my boxed version automatically upgraded BF2 to 1.11 - let it upgrade it)
    - Install 1.22 (full version)
    - Install Euro Forces
    - Install 1.22 (full version)

Comment

Re: Read this for help reinstalling

no matter what order you install, if your final step is to apply 1.22 (full) you are golden. usually...

Comment

Working...
      X