The Skills of a Mapper are Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Skills of a Mapper are Needed!

Greetings! The skills of a mapper are needed by the 1st Air Calvary Division in order to make new training maps for the unit. Our current map-maker is loaded down with school work and such, and new training maps are needed. The maps would be used for: Air training, both rotary and fixed wing, Infantry Urban, Mechanized Urban, and Mechanized Rural. If a mapmaker with time on their hands can contact me at: bruinsgoalie20@yahoo.com, xfire: thunderbird20 AIM: bruinsgoalie20 or at www.1ACD.com Thank you and Please if someone can give me a response...

Re: The Skills of a Mapper are Needed!

Would there be a reward? I might just do it if there is some kind of reward (cash via paypal wise or something along those lines? :P ) . Making a map - even if it's a training map - is a good sized undertaking.

Comment

Take a look at this map I made http://files.filefront.com/Rangerev2.../fileinfo.html
      It is a training map, it has a small arms range, a tank range an aircraft bombing range, a small city environment, and helicoptors, as well as a knife pit.

All aircraft can be flown by both sides, and every kind of heli is represented.
      It's done and many clans have used it for training purposes.

Take a look. The .exe will install it into your proper directory, unless you have installed it somewhere other than defaults, or are on 64 o/s in which case run the .exe and move it when it is done.

Comment

What kind of reward would you be looking for? I am downloading the map now BadLizard and I'll check it out, thanks. But UH60BHPilot, along what lines were you thinking?

Comment

I'll make a custom one for thin air if you want. Just send me a paint file or somthing giving me a reasonebly detailed idia of what you want.

Comment

Ten-Four, I will PM you the image very soon, thanks for your offer! Talk to ya' later!

Comment

Heres a link to the map image, I'll elaborate more on this below:

This is basically an air training map, but it will also have Armour on the map that way we can get rid of two birds with one stone, since armour and Air don't get in each others way. The little white dots would be spawn points, for easy access. And perhaps have roads in-between so players can cruis between destinations. Also the Command Centre will be our place where the unit gathers in formation so if it could look somewhat like how a Command Centre would look, that would also include a few Black Hawks nearby for deployment. The Carrier would have 4x F-35B at the far side so they can VTOL, and then 2x F-18 for a standard takeoff. The Armour Playground could have obsticles and little hills and such for good armour battles. This is greatly appreciated if you wish to talk to me further or need any assistance my contact info is on the left. THANK YOU!

P.S. If you could contact me privately so you can send me the map, I'm trying to keep this exclusive rather then fully releasing it to the public...thanks again!

Bump, did you get the PM Mav?

Bump again, It would be really nice if I could get some assistance

Comment

Originally posted by UH60BHPilot
                Would there be a reward? I might just do it if there is some kind of reward (cash via paypal wise or something along those lines? :P ) . Making a map - even if it's a training map - is a good sized undertaking.
                considering that would be highly illegal (profiting from BF franchise) i would advise not to do that

- The BF modding community is not about being paid or rewards - you should know that. :shakehead

Comment

So still no help...=/

Comment

I'll give this a shot, but im still a n00b at mapping tho so dont expect anything awesome..

Comment

Thank you! If you have questions, which you proably do, contact me. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BadLizzard
                        Take a look at this map I made http://files.filefront.com/Rangerev2.../fileinfo.html
                        It is a training map, it has a small arms range, a tank range an aircraft bombing range, a small city environment, and helicoptors, as well as a knife pit.

All aircraft can be flown by both sides, and every kind of heli is represented.
                        It's done and many clans have used it for training purposes.

Take a look. The .exe will install it into your proper directory, unless you have installed it somewhere other than defaults, or are on 64 o/s in which case run the .exe and move it when it is done.
                        Download link dosn't work.

Comment

I'm making it now from the image you PMed me.

Comment

Oh yea! Mavrik + Iceman....

It's just ment to be!

Talk to you soon!

Comment

lol you got it.

Comment

Working...
                              X