Claymores TK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymores TK?

I was just playing on Warrior Nation's 24/7 Sharqi server and to my astonishment I got multiple TK from teammates running in front of my claymores, even me when I passed in front of my claymores I had "K4M|K4Z3 is no more". Is it me or am I missing something about the claymores?

Re: Claymores TK?

Friendly fire on/off is a server setting. Whether or not claymores kill teammates will depend on the server you're playing on.

Comment

Ok so theres a serverside option to turn the claymores FF on off?

Comment

I have never had a friendly set off my claymore...however I have had a friendly killed by the explosion caused by my claymore when it was triggered by a hostile.

Oh by the way, the bastard punished me for it.

Comment

yeah, that was one of the major changes in 1.2. It's just taken this long for people to start turning it back on.

Comment

keep it off! *cries*

Comment

It's a setting that has to be set on the server via command. It can't be set by the current version of BF2CC (will be included in next version due out shortly).

Comment

Originally posted by fzuazo
                I have never had a friendly set off my claymore...however I have had a friendly killed by the explosion caused by my claymore when it was triggered by a hostile.

Oh by the way, the bastard punished me for it.
                Sometimes if I know a claymore is placed somewhere, and enemy are rushing me I attempt to trip the claymore as to take as many of them out as possible. This sticks someone with TK's, but my intention is to make as many enemy dead as possible.

Comment

Go play UT2004 if you don't want to be killed by FF . We'll never have it off on our server :evil:.

Comment

keep it cool, i was just wondering cuz its the first time it happened to me after the patch so it was a bit of a surprise, I'm not complaining about it, i just wanted clarifications

Comment

Too bad they lump mines & claymores both under that setting.

It should be on, but more for claymores than mines - will help reduce all the claymores being dropped all over the place.

Comment

Just to be clear, a TK CAN ocurr regardless of claymore FF on or off at the server. If an enemy sets off your claymore near one of your teammates, you can get credited with a TK.

Comment

Originally posted by [FM]Master_Chief
                          Go play UT2004 if you don't want to be killed by FF . We'll never have it off on our server :evil:.
                          Paging over-reactive dumbass, paging.... over-reactive dumbass.

Comment

I gotta find a server like that, one thing I cant stand is claymore spammers that drop claymores at every corner without having to worry about minus points for TK's. Its really gotten out of hand how many snipers are on each team doing it.

I prefered it the old way when you actually had to consider where to place a claymore so you wouldnt get a TK. But then again, the FF marker should be different for mines, clays and C4. Maybe color code them differently or something.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                              Too bad they lump mines & claymores both under that setting.
                              Indeed. The guys I've spoken to who know coders at DiCE told me that the change was made when engineers asked that AT mines have a FF on/off setting as engineers were tired of being kicked from servers from too many tks. It wasn't possible to apply the change to only AT mines and had to be set to all mine types due to the way the game is coded.
                              So DiCE never meant to change the way that claymores work but did so as they were instructed to do something about the AT mines.

Pity really....

Comment

Working...
                              X