Critically wounded men face North.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critically wounded men face North.

This is a very small tip that I use frequently, especially when evaluating the map/mini-map.

When one of your teammates goes from alive to critically wounded, his little map icon (the circle with attached arrow) snaps to face North and stays that way until he is revived and moves, or until he completely dies and respawns.

This is useful, because when you're looking at your mini-map and see a cluster of those north-facing arrows that aren't moving, you can rest assured that the enemy has recently shot down your bleeding comrades.

I use it to determine how secure white flags are, and you can even use it to approximate the location of bad guys without a UAV (using your teammates' deaths as a "scent trail", so to speak). I also use it to locate certain units (like enemy tanks) by watching for the kill message in the upper left, and then looking at the mini-map for dead teammates.

Anyway, just a little nuance that'll help you feel out the battlefield.

Re: Critically wounded men face North.

Phrag's Useless and completely untrue tip of the day: Did you know that moss only grows on the north side of a dead soldier? Its true!

Comment

Cool tip that I never thought about. Thanks.

Comment

Why do you have to be a totally ignorant jerk Phrag?

Cool tip, too bad I never play medic lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahoona

acccording to what he is saying you don't have to be a Medic, you just have to pay attention to the fact that their facing north and not moving

Comment

hey sweet tip, i will have to cheak that out about the north facing mini map icon. And you are absolutly correct, The Mini-Map is one of the most underutilized aspect of this game, ive talked to people who actually use the commande code to remove it (foolishly in my opionion). Dead friendlys mean enemy engagment, you can certainly see a pattern of dead men sometimes. I often use that information to know where to try and possable ambush the killers.

Comment

hmmmm... maybe im a little slow with english but I dont very understand... maybe a screenshot would help

Comment

oooh nice tip man.
                thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahoona

Hmmm... 1. I'm bored, 2. I can, 3. I'm never serious, 4. Because it gets a reaction out of you, 5. It breaks up the repetition of being nice to idiots at work all day.

Now to realign my karma by being a nice guy.

For those who don't understand what the OP is saying, he is talking about the mini-map (circle in the upper right hand corner of the screen) and the little blue and green dots that represent the players on your team. As you will notice each player is represented by a circle with an arrow (little black triangle) sticking out of it. The arrow indicates which direction the person is facing so as the player turns the arrow moves around the circle to match.

Now if you watch the mini-map (or the full map) for a while you will start to see that some players will suddenly stop moving and the arrows will point north (top of your screen). This mean one of two things. The person has completely stopped moving and is facing north (not that common unless its a sniper) or they have been critically wounded but have not died (gone past the point of revival) yet.

The trick is, if you see a whole bunch of circles stop moving and point to the north in one place, then you probably don't want to be there because they are getting killed. This can also come in handy as a commander because if you are loosing alot of troops in one area, you can zoom in and spot who is doing it.

I'll make a screen shot later when I am on the right computer to help those that don't speak my language.

There, you see. I'm not TOTALLY ingornant after all. (although I do concede to being a jerk when i want to be)

Comment

Thats the first time i heard that, very good observation. Thank you for sharing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phrag
                      Phrag's Useless and completely untrue tip of the day: Did you know that moss only grows on the north side of a dead soldier? Its true!
                      Only in the Northern Hemisphere... Lol. Moss grows on the south side of things in the Southern Hemisphere... :laugh:

Good tip on the guys facing north... I'd never noticed that. It's worth knowing for the enemy too - if you kill a guy and don't want him to know where it came from, make sure you're not north of him. If you are, he could respawn nearby and have a fair idea of your position, or perhaps warn his squadmates on VoIP and tell them where you are, bringing their wrath down on you as they attempt to avenge their fallen comrade...

Comment

Yeah, thats why its the completely untrue tip. Moss grows where ever the hell it wants.

Comment

Huh, never noticed this before. Cool, I guess.

Comment

On some servers when you are dead you can free look around.
                            Sort of helpful.
                            For Example you could be in a squad and tell your mates what you see using Teamspeak, VOIP, or whatever.

Comment

Thats a good one, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X