Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SF is messing up, but regular BF 2 is fine?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF is messing up, but regular BF 2 is fine?!

I figured I would post this here, aswell as the support forums, since this seems to be exclusivley with the SF expansion.

OK so here is the deal,

My PC is really nice,

Asus A8n SLI Deluxe running a single 6800gt with 2 gig ram, AMD 3500+ OCed, and a creative audigys ZS. Also 2 raptor drives.

I run BF 2 fine with all settings maxed out, i mean it runs flawlessly, so I go out and buy the SF expansion, and I get the "black" screen of death.

Sometimes it is as soon as i click a SF server and click join., sometimes it is after the loading screen, and once I actually got in the game, but it went all crazy and then gave me the black screen.

After i get the black screen, it does nothing. I then press the windows key to return to windows, and I have to manually close the window, then I get the "this window has stopped responding" message.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, updated all of my drivers and bios, taken my soundcard OUT OF my pc, and used on board sound, and nothing will work. PLS help.

And yes, i have run BF 2 fine even since i got the SF expansion, but SF just wont work. I'm clueless.

Re: SF is messing up, but regular BF 2 is fine?!

I can't run any SF games, I've uninstalled and re-installing right now. That seems to be the word from a couple of threads. You were probably already patched up and that is bad for you if you install SF, like myself.

Have fun.

Comment

uninstal everything! then reinstal bf2 then sf then 1.22

Comment

reinstall and repatch ?

Comment

Its because you installed SF after you the latest patch. Your game and exp pack has to be installed before you can patch them.

As mentioned above, unistall everything, the install BF2 then SF, then install the 1.22 patch.

Comment

Working...
          X