Couple of Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of Questions

Well my first question is a rather big one. How come I'm getting screens like this, when I'm running the game on these settings!! Anything I can do because that view starts popping up about 20mins into a SF round, and on the second consecutive round I play of BF2 vanilla. If you need any more info about my computer it's a bog standard Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P.

My second question is rather simple, but I thought I might as well chuck it in. I've got four unlocks spare (and I'm 200 points off my next rank - 2 unlocks or 1?) and I dunno which weapons to get because I just bought SF yesterday, so basically, what should I get?

My third question really fits into the above one, is the engineer SF unlock an auto or just another damn shotgun and is it compatible with vanilla BF2? Above that, is it even worth getting?

Re: Couple of Questions

1. Overheating Graphics Card
    2. Depends on what you play as. The medic G36 is worshipped but personally I dislike it and the same applies to the MG36. The F2000 is worth getting as an alternative to the M16 only.
    3. The engineer gets the MP7 which is a submachine gun as seen in Halflife 2 and it's quite good if you are more comfortable spraying than having one shot accuracy (shotguns)

Comment

1. After 20mins??? Also, if it is overheating so fast on SF, why does it take about two rounds on BF2 vanilla? I'm so confused

2 & 3. Thanks, and do they all work on BF2 Vanilla?

Comment

have u gotten the latest drivers for ur video card. alos are those what u call artifacts.

Comment

1. SF seems to be more system intensive than core BF2 judging by the lag, the extra processing needed to render indoor areas and less than total optimisation so yes it is quite possible. First I would download the latest drivers for your card just in case it is a file corruption. If that does not work check
          -your fans are working and are not being obstructed by a wall or something
          -your video card is seated properly
          -the thermal paste is not all gone
          -there are no build ups of dust in the tower

2. Yes

Comment

have u gotten the latest drivers for ur video card. alos are those what u call artifacts.

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
              1. your fans are working and are not being obstructed by a wall or something
              2. your video card is seated properly
              3. the thermal paste is not all gone
              4. there are no build ups of dust in the tower

1. Wow I'm dumb. I blocked the biggest hole against my desk :P

2. I bought it from PC World, and haven't opened it since, so I trust it to be in there.

3. I just remebered I don't even know how to open the damn thing :P

4. I blew really hard into all the holes, does that count? (no, seriously, because I don't want to open it)

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Zorba
                4. I blew really hard into all the holes, does that count? (no, seriously, because I don't want to open it)
                WTF.... sorry, i have a parttime job cleaning up computers, what you do is the best way to blow the dust deeper into the system and making it harder to clean and easier to crash, congratulations. you can get you rig cleaned for 50 bucks

Comment

your best bet is to turn off the computer and unplug it, open it(it's very easy), get a hoover with a clean plastic nozzle and without touching any of the important parts hoover the dust off the inside and get a dry clean cloth to wipe the fan blades and heatsink
                  Don't touch any of the hardware with your hands without earthing yourself but you shouldn't need to touch anything - if you see problems then get a pro to check it out especially if you are unused to handling computers

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                    your best bet is to turn off the computer and unplug it, open it(it's very easy), get a hoover with a clean plastic nozzle and without touching any of the important parts hoover the dust off the inside and get a dry clean cloth to wipe the fan blades and heatsink
                    Don't touch any of the hardware with your hands without earthing yourself but you shouldn't need to touch anything - if you see problems then get a pro to check it out especially if you are unused to handling computers
                    compressed air is good for those tiny spots i think also..

Comment

Originally posted by Robske007a
                      WTF.... sorry, i have a parttime job cleaning up computers, what you do is the best way to blow the dust deeper into the system and making it harder to clean and easier to crash, congratulations. you can get you rig cleaned for 50 bucks
                      Yay me! 10 dumbarse points! But seriously, £50!!!!! I'm sure I'll find someone on the street with a steady hand lol

I have no idea what the "important parts" are and therefore don't trust myself to do that. I think I'll just live with hoovering it from the outside, will that work?

Comment

Don't be so scared. Just make sure to only touch the parts that are solid metal, such as the case itself. Don't touch any of the electronic parts especially the circuits on the board. And just get the vaccuum as close as possible without touching it.

Comment

I have no idea what the "important parts" are and therefore don't trust myself to do that. I think I'll just live with hoovering it from the outside, will that work?
                          no it won't work
                          Trust me this is easy - you open the case and you'll see circuit boards - don't touch those
                          That's it clean everything else - hover the hoover over the circuit boards (GPU, CPU, Sound Card etc.) and then close it back up
                          It'll take all of 5 minutes at most and you'll learn something - basic troubleshooting is something any computer owner should learn

Comment

Ok, I am now totally assured, but I have a new problem, my room is kinda dusty (I'm a 14 year old lad, cut me some slack ) & I'm not sure my parents will let me do it. The computer is mine BTW.

Oh yeah, Skeletor, thanks alot man (and everyone else), I always did love Irish people

Comment

go throughout options in game

Comment

Working...
                              X