Changing names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing names

I have BF2, Special Forces and Euro Forces. I want to change my in-game name. I previously used EA Downloader to do so. But when I went to play Euro Forces, I got an error. I reverted back to my original name, and I was able to play again.

How do I change my in-game name so that it'll work correctly in BF2, Euro Forces and Special Forces?

Thanks,
    Jason

Re: Changing names

u cant. u have to make a new account in order to have a different name. you can add a clan tag but thats it.

Comment

That doesn't seem right. EA Downloader gives you the option to change your player name. And you're assigned a unique PID - Player ID - so if you change your name, you're still kept track of in stats system via the same PID.

So, it seems like it's possible to change your name, but how do you get it to work across booster and expansion packs??

Comment

Originally posted by whatistocome
        That doesn't seem right. EA Downloader gives you the option to change your player name. And you're assigned a unique PID - Player ID - so if you change your name, you're still kept track of in stats system via the same PID.

So, it seems like it's possible to change your name, but how do you get it to work across booster and expansion packs??
        if u get it to work let us know because everyone that has played battlefield 2 has at one time or another wanted to change their name from Haywood Jablowme to Addam Whosane and still keep their Gunnery Sergent rank.

Comment

Originally posted by cowkilla
          if u get it to work let us know because everyone that has played battlefield 2 has at one time or another wanted to change their name from Haywood Jablowme to Addam Whosane and still keep their Gunnery Sergent rank.
          lol

in my case, i created a couple profiles when i started to play and i designated one of the with the ending of _Real meaning this is the profile that i'm going to play with solely and delete the others. i had a brain fart and forgot this is the name EVERYONE will know me as... so i definitely wanna change it because it's such a horrible name in the grand scheme of things.

Any one know the low down on this for sure??

Comment

take a look there

Comment

So, yeah, that explanation seems pretty concrete... but it wasn't the answer I was hoping for

Comment

I hope we can change our in-game names soon.

Comment

Originally posted by whatistocome
                  So, yeah, that explanation seems pretty concrete... but it wasn't the answer I was hoping for
                  yeah i know. But i know why they did it. So u don't have people name spoofing. Have a 64 player server full of Osama BinLaden 's

Comment

yeah i know. But i know why they did it. So u don't have people name spoofing. Have a 64 player server full of Osama BinLaden 's
                    How would that happen? No one says you should be able to duplicate nicks.
                    There's no excuse for it except they didn't feel like doing it. Every nick has a unique PID number. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to change the nick associated with your PID as long as someone isn't already using it.

Comment

I thinks haveing names set in corcrete is a good thing, For the simple reason it lets players know who there dealing with on a name basis: Make some bad moves and you tarnish your rep. you cant just swap names and hide from your derilictions.

Further more I thinks the policy is haveing the desired effect. encouraging players to Pick a name people will respect and building a good reputaion on that name. After all your name and your reputation is all you got

well that and stats I supose..

Comment

Originally posted by N3RD
                        I thinks haveing names set in corcrete is a good thing, For the simple reason it lets players know who there dealing with on a name basis: Make some bad moves and you tarnish your rep. you cant just swap names and hide from your derilictions.

Further more I thinks the policy is haveing the desired effect. encouraging players to Pick a name people will respect and building a good reputaion on that name. After all your name and your reputation is all you got
                        This might make sense if you could only have one nick but you can create a new one anytime you want and have as many as you want simultaneously. If you want to do things that would hurt your rep you just create a disposable nick. As long as your PID or CD-key doesn't get banned this is not much of a deterrant and if your PID or CD key does get banned that would be just as effective on someone who changed their nick.

Comment

Working...
                        X