weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird

I was running bf2 fine. overheating sometimes, but other than that, fine. Then today, randomly, i cant log on to my account. It does what it normally does, but never gets past the "connecting to account server" thing. HELP PLEASE.

Cheers

Re: weird

tres weird.

Not related to overheating though unless the PC is freezing/locking up or restarting. Any other internet/online connection problems?

Check this link to DSLreports tests and tools to check for connection problems.

Comment

ahhh i dunno which one to click. BY THE WAY- It works fine with other accounts on this PC. so i think it might be something to do with my account. ALSO-i think there is maintenence on NTL broadband (thats what ive got). The internet has been pretty slow for the last few weeks

please......also, if anyone has any news on the NTL broadband, please tell me

Comment

Back up your settings files and then delete and retreive your account. It takes a while on mine cos i have lots of favourite servers.

Comment

I seriously doubt that you being unable to log into the account server has anything at all to do with your computer overheating. I would recommend getting some new fans for your case, maybe clean up your CPU fan and use some Arctic Silver on the heatsink and reset your heatsink to make sure it is on correctly.
          The account server issue can happen randomly to anyone. Make sure that you are maintaining the harddrive by defragging it, sun spyware checks with S-D Spybot and AdAware. Deleting some of your favorites may or may not help. Just take care of the over heating problem first and formost.

Comment

Originally posted by MouseNo4
            Back up your settings files and then delete and retreive your account. It takes a while on mine cos i have lots of favourite servers.
            i'm curious. i see control files in 2 places. one in my documents, and one in the profiles folder of bf2

which one do you backup? and how do you associate the profile number (the folder holding the settings) with the name? First one on the profiles list in-game equals folder 0001 in profiles?

Comment

Right click drag the 0001 folder and select copy here. Done. Backed up. Now go into bf2 and delete your account. Dont worry your only deleting your games association with the account's server. Now retreive your account. All your bindings, settings and favourites will be gone but try logging in with a default account. If it works instantly, then you know its your favourites list.

If you have like 20 or more it can take between 30 seconds to a minute to log on as it has to ping and gather information on EVERY favourite server. And if you have any servers that are blank except for a orange ! then add another 10-20 seconds for each one of those.

Comment

Working...
              X