weapon kill message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weapon kill message

Ok since the last patch i see a lot of mesage kill weapon instead of the weapon i killed someone with or they killed me with and since then it seems to me my stats are getting wacked about what weapon i killed or was killed by... for example all of a sudden in the past few days it says my death by knife has grown by 100 knifes by i know i have only died abot 20 times or so by knives...anyone else experiancing this or is it just my senility creepin in?

Re: weapon kill message

there have been many similar things happening to all of us in our clan as well
    we track very hard to make sure it is is RANDOM
    ie by both weapon and killer
    if we see a pattern - we kick who might be the offender
    if no pattern - we write it off to EA again

Comment

I'm seeing a lot of soandso[kills]thisperson.

Not sure if that is related...

Comment

I find the AT mines are the worst. You lay mines and when someone drives over them you get a completely random kill message. Could say any weapon or vehicle even if it's not on the current map. Not only does this happen on a regular basis but it almost seems to occur more often than the proper "[AT Mine]" message does.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeus
          I'm seeing a lot of soandso[kills]thisperson.

Not sure if that is related...
          no, thats from say a sniper dropping a claymore, the sniper dies and then someone runs over his claymore, because the sniper is dead it will just say [KILLS]

Comment

I might be missing what you're getting at, but when you talk about your stats showing you getting killed by knives... You do know that your stats don't show what weapon killed you, but what weapon you were using when you were killed, right? So if you have 100 deaths showing against knife in your stats, that doesn't mean you've been killed 100 by a knife, it means you've been killed 100 times whilst using a knife...

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
              I might be missing what you're getting at, but when you talk about your stats showing you getting killed by knives... You do know that your stats don't show what weapon killed you, but what weapon you were using when you were killed, right? So if you have 100 deaths showing against knife in your stats, that doesn't mean you've been killed 100 by a knife, it means you've been killed 100 times whilst using a knife...
              ok i've heard that before and actually think EA should have done it as weapon that killed you. but still it doesnt make sence then for what purpose does the ai show what weapon killed you at all? one would think it was to link to a stat somewhere...and still i know i wasnt running around with my knife out 100 times the past couple days, mostly the PKM to get my hours in...but thanks for the input

oh wait say i have my med kit out what does that do if i die then? death by mead kit?

Comment

A good duplication test:

Lay AT mines in the rouad, then go and get into a LMG emplacement or something, when someone hits yer mine it will say the LMG killed them.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                  A good duplication test:

Lay AT mines in the rouad, then go and get into a LMG emplacement or something, when someone hits yer mine it will say the LMG killed them.

Sometimes, others it will just display some random weapon or vehicle. I've had it say I killed someone with an apache when they drove over my AT mine on a map with no helis/jets. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                  X