Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AT kit is not so useless after all....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AT kit is not so useless after all....

In response to the "try a kit you never use for a month" challenge, I've been trying the AT kit as I hate it.

After a week now I've gotten the hang of it much more than I ever did before and now think of it as a secondary assault class.

This is a round from tonight, short of specops for a minute at the start of the round I was AT the entire game. Granted I died quite a lot, but that is normal for me. I am a bullet magnet. Not too bad for a kit most people think of as useless. Note the other guy with the same score as me, he was in a J-10 the entire round, and you're not doing half bad if you can equal the score of a good J-10 pilot just ground pounding, IMHO.

I don't claim to be anything but decent at BF2 (look at my negative K/D for proof of that, lol), but if I can dominate with AT so can you.

Re: The AT kit is not so useless after all....

Holy hell, 43 deaths.

Comment

Yes, I died A LOT. Like I said, I'm trying a kit I don't have much luck with. Anyway, I'm happy that I gave more than I took, even if I took A BEATING.

Comment

im impressed, how did you manage such a score, playing as USMC on wake?? Also were you using the default, the Dao or the P90?

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
          Holy hell, 43 deaths.
          Oh, come on. He placed first on his team, and you focus in on that? Tsk. Tsk. You're a glass-half-empty kind of guy, aren't ya?

Comment

Thanks guys. Also 43 IS a lot of deaths, really. I would not be posting something that showed me having 43 deaths unless I exceeded that in kills, lol!!

I was using the DAO. I don't have the P90 yet (will as soon as I rank up). I like it now, it's really powerful if you know how to use it. I always just scoffed at it cause of the limited range, but it actually has decent range if you aim and don't go full auto.

edit: Baggygreen, it was because we had all flags but the airfield and just kept attacking over and over from the start of the game. Made for a whole lot of combat!

Comment

The AT kit is my most used kit, even in the present. It's a very verstatile kit andn if you use your weapons when and where they are useful, it's a great kit. Combined the ability to take out vehicles and infantry (at closer ranges) and my flag capturing ability, I can place on the top of my team/server a decent number of times.

If there were a few more AT kits in the map, people wouldn't dominate the battlefield with vehicles as much.

Comment

I only use AT on maps other than karkand, because on that map there is more than likely either 1) 10 more AT guys over there, or 2) a supply box next to every tank.

Comment

What i dont understand is why does the rocket do less damage when its further away? surly it should be traveling at the same speed throughout its journy?

I managed to hit a tank 4 times yesterday on sharky when i was ontop on the TV station when they knicked our tank and it still didnt blow up. Someone else on the ground gave it the final shot which i was pretty annoyed at.

Comment

Originally posted by Domino
                    What i dont understand is why does the rocket do less damage when its further away? surly it should be traveling at the same speed throughout its journy?

I managed to hit a tank 4 times yesterday on sharky when i was ontop on the TV station when they knicked our tank and it still didnt blow up. Someone else on the ground gave it the final shot which i was pretty annoyed at.
                    Engineer or supply box?

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
                      Engineer or supply box?
                      Nope he was in the tank and alone for the full duration, and as i was above him i could see everything around him and there was no supply create.

It could have just been where i hit him i suppose? i was hitting him on top of the turret.

Comment

Always aim for the treads, even if he is shooting at you like crazy, take your time and aim, 2 shots in the treads will make him catch fire and blow up, while normally a tank would need 3 shots or more to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Domino
                          Nope he was in the tank and alone for the full duration, and as i was above him i could see everything around him and there was no supply create.

It could have just been where i hit him i suppose? i was hitting him on top of the turret.
                          It is a know issue that the anti-tank rockets fly through tanks and apc, even when it shows as if you'd hit the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by dfRi
                            It is a know issue that the anti-tank rockets fly through tanks and apc, even when it shows as if you'd hit the tank.
                            Kinda funny, but I shot more AT rockets that round than ever before, and only one did that. I wonder how much this happens...

Comment

Lots of deaths, but good work on coming top of the team by just ground pounding as AT, not often that happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X