Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: valid tactic?

Originally posted by deadboy79
    i was playing the other day on karkand. i started half way into the round. i was mec. usmc pushed us all the way back to our main base. their tanks and apc's where coming across the bridge without a prob and my team was having problems holding them off. we finally destroyed there vehicles so i went and c4d the bridge. why? to stop them from getting over to our base as easily. that way the only way their vehicles can get across is through the shallow water. infantry can cross the water but they are easy pickins for snipers. the problem is that my team kept reparing the bridge. i told them multiple times my intent and kept repairing it after i destroyed it. i wasn't doing this so they could have easy points. i was trying to win. to hold onto the last base we had. of course we lost that round. next round same thing. it was so frustrating.

is this a valid tactic? was is stupid for doing this or was my team just clueless. making it harder for the other team to cap you flag makes sense to me but what do i know. you thoughts, opions, etc.

Dude...first of all nice name Second, thats a very good tactic, when i play Karkand i immediately blow the bridge as soon as the map starts. Stupid???? Not at all. Everyone knows you can still cross the river by the train accident. So after blowing the bridge, suicide, respawn as an engineer and run to the other pass, lay 3 mines just over the rim of the road so oncoming vehicles cant see them, and hold the gatehouse. i can rack up at least 20 clean kills, no deaths just defending the gatehouse, and keeping it mined. With team damage on mines off, your teams vehicles are free to pass. It seems if you can hold the gatehouse as MEC, 8 times out of 10 you will win. Long story short with the bridge blown it doesnt limit your teams mobility with vehicles, and it drastically reduces the threat of the gatehouse being taken. A squad can easily sit and defend against people swimming across.....:evil:

Comment

all things being equal... equal tickets, equal skills on both teams... blowing the bridges will keep both teams locked down with neither side advancing...

people underestimate ticket bleed so much. MEC will lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
        all things being equal... equal tickets, equal skills on both teams... blowing the bridges will keep both teams locked down with neither side advancing...

people underestimate ticket bleed so much. MEC will lose.
        Not true. As I said, the west side is MUCH less defensible. It's easy for MEC to push an APC across the broad coast of the west side, USMC has nowhere to send a vehicle up except the easily-mined ramp, and even if they make it past that, they're going to be staring at the TOW for way too long, and probably shot by ATs once or twice just to get UP to the gatehouse.

The bridge, by comparison, has very little to protect mine-layers from fire, lets vehicles get a clean shot at taking out the TOW, and puts you directly at the ramp heading up.

In essence, MEC is better taking the ramp through the canal to get out of the Gatehouse anyway, because that way they don't have to drive head-on into the biggest enemy encampment ever and the TOW. USMC is better off taking the bridge.

Comment

It's pretty easy for the US to repair the bridge by having engineers in the tank and APC and maybe a hummer behind them just in case. Just roll up to the blown sections. They don't even have to get out. 2-3 seconds next to the damage and voila, brand new bridge. So it really doesn't help much to blow it up.

Comment

Almost a complete waste of time.
            Any bona fide armour whore is GUARANTEED to be playing engineer. They will roll up to that bridge and it will get repaired so fast your ears will bleed.
            Which team benefits more from the broken bridge is debatable, but blowing it in the first place is surely a waste of time. And if MEC trys to hold only the gatehouse on 32 kark they WILL lose. Conversely on 64 player if they hold the east side of the river they will probably win, just because there are more flags back there.
            Honestly some people around here must play on the noobiest servers ever.

Comment

Agree, PHPT. On 32 man server MEC can win holding only the Gatehouse.

Originally posted by PHPT
              Not true. As I said, the west side is MUCH less defensible. It's easy for MEC to push an APC across the broad coast of the west side, USMC has nowhere to send a vehicle up except the easily-mined ramp, and even if they make it past that, they're going to be staring at the TOW for way too long, and probably shot by ATs once or twice just to get UP to the gatehouse.

The bridge, by comparison, has very little to protect mine-layers from fire, lets vehicles get a clean shot at taking out the TOW, and puts you directly at the ramp heading up.

In essence, MEC is better taking the ramp through the canal to get out of the Gatehouse anyway, because that way they don't have to drive head-on into the biggest enemy encampment ever and the TOW. USMC is better off taking the bridge.

Comment

lol yeah blown bridge is a joke when you roll up as engie in your tank.

Comment

well if u do what i said, and blow it up when the enemy is on it, engie or not theyre dead and in the water

Comment

Yea, destroying the bridge is a must for any defending MEC team.

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
                      pretty stupid tactic... to blow up the bridge so they can't in. Sure they won't be able to get in easily... but it prevents your team from getting your flags back.

And if you're pushed that far back... that means they have the other flags... and your team is bleeding tickets. They wouldn't even have to kill anyone else. Just sit there and your team would bleed tickets to death.

You lost that round for your team.
                      actually its a great tacitic the bridge should be blow moment 1 the round begins and on 32 player karkand the only other two ways in mined, this way no armor in the main. If they hold the train accident the bridge approach is a death trap for your tank, the tank needs to stay back and protect the main if all other flags are taken..bleed in bf2 ranked servers is minimal and cant compare to the kill rate of killing usmc trying to cross the river even if its the last flag, me and my mates have wont the game holding on this flag properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X