X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash problem when logging in?

Hello!

I have a problem.

I've just reinstalled Windows and installed the newest ATI drivers.

I install BF2, and then after that i patch it with the lastest patch..

The problem:

I can play BF against computer players (bots) but when im trying to log in and play multiplayer something strange happends.. When i click "log in" its just how it should be, a window with a text like "logging in, connecting to account server" is there.. as usual.. but then nothing happends, my computer freezes and i have to push the restart button.. Ive tryed to create a new account but the problem is there anyway..

ATI GeCUBE x800XL 256 mb.
    AMD64 3200+
    1536 RAM.

The problem isnt in the hardware.. Software maybe? a known driver problem? Anyone had the same problem as i do now?

Thanks in advance for all answers.

I

Re: Crash problem when logging in?

Probably the firewall.

The bf2.exe is trying to get to the internet but your software firewall is blocking it.

Check the firewall logs, you need to allow the bf2.exe internet access and to act as a server.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigar_Man
      Probably the firewall.

The bf2.exe is trying to get to the internet but your software firewall is blocking it.

Check the firewall logs, you need to allow the bf2.exe internet access and to act as a server.
      I dont have any firewall =/

Comment

Originally posted by perrey0101
        I dont have any firewall =/
        You should have the XP firewall running if you just did a fresh install...well, that's if you are running XP.

Click on "start", "Control Panel", "Windows Firewall". You should now have a window showing the status of your Windows Firewall.

If this firewall is on, then select the "Exceptions" tab there should be an entry for "Battlefield 2". Make sure that it is "checked". If you do not have an entry for battlefield 2, then select the "add program" button and find "Battlefield 2". Now try the game.

If the firewall is off, then you have something else wrong that I have not heard about yet.

I use ZoneAlarmPro, which if I do not allow the bf2.exe access to the internet, the system seems frozen and I have to go to the task manager to kill the game.

When your game freezes, what happens when you press "ctrl-alt-delete"?

Does the "Windows Security" box show?

Comment

Working...
        X