Healing, repairing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healing, repairing...

How is that somtimes you can heal a wounded soldier from about 2 bars to full health and not got a healing point.

Or repair a tank from the red and not get a repair point, yet with support somone whos thrown 1 grenade can get you a point..

Is it part of stopping stat padding or a mistake ?

just always puzzled me

Re: Healing, repairing...

You need 100% armor and 100% health increase to get a heal or repair point. For support it works different.

Comment

like sauron said, u need 100%. For example you repair a tank from 25% to full health. No points. Next tank from 75% to full = 1 point
      but if you repair 3 tanks from 75% to full, still no points.
      same goes for medic, although i'm not sure what counts when distributing ammo.

Comment

Well if you see somone throw one grenade after they spawn and give them ammo, you get a point..

But somtimes when medic, you see somone who doesn't seem wounded (red bar)
        and just whip out your medi pack anyway and run by, you get a point and you they had all but 2 bars or so...

Comment

You can also throw ammo at an AT that is below 100% rockets, or any infantry that is below 100% clips, sniper below 100% claymores, engi below 100% mines, etc.. I think you get the pattern. They just programmed it this way and prolly feel it's balanced.

Comment

On this subject - i wanna know why people wander off to battle with 2 bars of health with a medic chasin his a--? And sometimes its not me who is doing the chasin. Sometimes i see another medic chasin this guy with only 2 bars. And the funny thing is - he doesnt call for a medic, doesnt go lookin for one and he dies instantly as soon as the enemy even fires a pistol round his way.

WHY??

Comment

Originally posted by MouseNo4
              On this subject - i wanna know why people wander off to battle with 2 bars of health with a medic chasin his a--? And sometimes its not me who is doing the chasin. Sometimes i see another medic chasin this guy with only 2 bars. And the funny thing is - he doesnt call for a medic, doesnt go lookin for one and he dies instantly as soon as the enemy even fires a pistol round his way.

WHY??
              a) hes a noob
              b) he thinks hes so 1337 he can take the whole enemy team on with 2 bars
              c) he doesn't know theres a medic chasing him
              d) all of the above

Comment

I think they did that it 1.03, the point farming crap, cos if you sat in a chopper you could get repair points like there was no 2moro! same as heal points, you could heal the same guy 4 times in a row and get 4 points for it, now you cant, it has to be a different guys or a certain time limit.

Repair points? i wont even go there!

Comment

I believe the game remembers how much you have healed or repaired, so when you reach 100% eventually, you get a point.

In other words, if you heal 10 soldiers for 10% each, that totals 100% and you geta point.

Comment

Originally posted by SaUrOn
                    You need 100% armor and 100% health increase to get a heal or repair point. For support it works different.
                    Yeah... it's bloody hard work being engineer or medic... I wish it was something like... for every 25% or even %50 of health you recover- you get a point. 100% takes a bit too long, it's not like the medic became a doctor for peanuts.

Other than that- extra points should also be awarded for destroying vehicles and aircraft I reckon.

Comment

There's also the fact that healing takes throwing down a pack. Repairing takes time....meaning using the wrench or sitting next to something that needs repairing.

Healing, while still difficult, is easier because all you do is throw the pack. I do know you can stand by the person too...but most medics throw the pack.

It took me almost 2 weeks of trying to find the right server setup (300 tickets, low number of players) to get the expert engineer repair. Round lasted 1.5 hours and I got it...what a relief.

Comment

Originally posted by -={DAC}MI7
                        a) hes a noob
                        b) he thinks hes so 1337 he can take the whole enemy team on with 2 bars
                        c) he doesn't know theres a medic chasing him
                        d) all of the above
                        they don't pay attention i even yell "get free beer here" and they still don't turn around so i can heal them

Comment

Working...
                        X