Is Battlefield 2 best alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Battlefield 2 best alone?

Including all factors (Such as Money and Time), is it worth getting the expansions for Battlefield 2? Or is it best to just buy BF2 and stick with it?

Re: Is Battlefield 2 best alone?

Well, for a 1337 dude, why dont you tell me?

Comment

If money is an issue I wouldnt buy any of the addons for BF2. The reason being that Vanilla (the orignal) is a difficult game to learn and do good at. Most people find vanilla enough of a challenge and dont play the other versions. There are also some people who will only play special forces, they like it best.
      I have all of BF2 mainly so I can get all the unlocks and so I will have more choices on what I can play.
      If money isnt an issue I would read the forums and pull up all the screen shots and maps. Give those a good look, then decide what I wanted. All the versions have unique features and are fun to play. I have and do play all versions. It just depends on how I feel that day.
      The vanilla version is challengeing enough to keep anyone busy for a good 3 or 4 months, easy. It mainly depens on your money situation and what you are looking for. . . . . .Red

Comment

I like SF more then vanilla, more features, better maps, but it's a personal taste

Comment

SF is diffcult to master.

Comment

Originally posted by redrider
            If money is an issue I wouldnt buy any of the addons for BF2. The reason being that Vanilla (the orignal) is a difficult game to learn and do good at. Most people find vanilla enough of a challenge and dont play the other versions. There are also some people who will only play special forces, they like it best.
            I have all of BF2 mainly so I can get all the unlocks and so I will have more choices on what I can play.
            If money isnt an issue I would read the forums and pull up all the screen shots and maps. Give those a good look, then decide what I wanted. All the versions have unique features and are fun to play. I have and do play all versions. It just depends on how I feel that day.
            The vanilla version is challengeing enough to keep anyone busy for a good 3 or 4 months, easy. It mainly depens on your money situation and what you are looking for. . . . . .Red
            Hell, it will take you the better paRT OF 2yrs. to make General

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
            SF is diffcult to master.
            So true

Comment

SF is still aweosme. I have to alternate between the 2 though. Otheriwse I get bored. Pick up SF, it has a lot of really ood maps and the gunfights are a lot more intense.

Comment

I rarely play SF.

Probablly due to the major stuttering I seem to get with it over vanilla, which runs perfectly smooth.

That, and the fact that I don't quite like night maps.

Comment

Wow General in 2 years. I doubt I could do it that quick.
                  For me at first it was a lot of fun, then I started to work on things. Learning the Kits and such, There are times it still almost seem like work more than fun. I think any other game would have found is place on my dusty game shelf by now. I just cant seem to put this game down. . . .Enemy boat spotted. . .LOL. . . .Red

Comment

SF blows ass, just a copy and paste job EA\Dice put together with minimum effort put in compaired to BF2 and just slapped a $20 price tag on it, imo.

Comment

For the money, you will probably get most out of it staying with the vanilla flavor. There is so much to do and learn, that it can keep you busy for a while.

Special Forces, at least, tends to be different. It offers new challenges and different environments. I don't like it because of the night maps, bad performance, helicopters, and not being able to run a mix of SF/BF maps on the same server (stupid EA/Dice).

I just bought Euro Forces and from the limited games I have play, I am not impressed with the maps. There are too many vehicles and too open of space. It brings vehicle whoring to a whole new level.

Comment

Vanilla and mods.

Comment

I like vanilla and SF. Still have not and doubt I will get Euro. I might get armored fury when/if it ever comes out. Oh and mods. NAW is just badass.

Comment

In SF, I think there's a lot more to play and quite harder to master (enemies are harder to spot. Most preferred the vanilla (just compare the number of servers and players) simply because its easier to play and rak-up points. The SF in real world is what it is, special forces - less action, more on covert and sneak attack. BF2 vanilla is an open war! And that's everone favorite, shoot anything that moves! (Joke)

Comment

Originally posted by t1337Dude
                              Including all factors (Such as Money and Time), is it worth getting the expansions for Battlefield 2? Or is it best to just buy BF2 and stick with it?
                              while i was disapointed with SF it does have a couple maps I like, as for the other expansions I haven't bought them yet because I don't buy anything that doesn't come on hard copy.

So i would say yes get SF but you will probable play vanilla BF2 most.

Comment

Working...
                              X