Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wow is it possible to play bf2 with good fps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow is it possible to play bf2 with good fps?

I just got an opteron 148 and a new mobo and overclocked my cpu to 2.75ghz, this is almost close to FX 57 performance and more than FX 55 or FX 60 performance. Even scored 11130 in 3dmark05 with the 7900 GTX. But i took the 7900 GTX out because i think it is defective

But in bf2, i noticed zero performance gain from my old 3800+ which was at2.4ghz and has 512kb cache. I will try to play bf2 with the 7900 GTX installed instead but i doubt that i will see a diff. Some of you claim that your fps never dips below 80. How is that even possible? I mean i my cpu has 1mb of cache and overclocked to 2.75ghz so i thought it would at leat increase my min fps but it does not. I still see fps dip to 30 sometimes.

Re: wow is it possible to play bf2 with good fps?

BF2 isn't very CPU depentant at all. Diffrent CPUs won't make much of a diffrence at all. I as well never see below 80.

Comment

What video card are you running now? You said you took out your GTX, but what did you put in... Also, for performance difference, did you try changing the video settings?

EDIT: o wait in your sig it says 7800GTX, ur old one was 7900GTX..

Comment

Originally posted by 22viPer22
        What video card are you running now? You said you took out your GTX, but what did you put in... Also, for performance difference, did you try changing the video settings?

EDIT: o wait in your sig it says 7800GTX, ur old one was 7900GTX..
        No, in my sig it says I have a 7900gt, my old one was a 7800gt. Why would I change video settings, I run all high, 4xAA and never dip below 80fps.

Comment

I've got a X2 4400+ @ 2.8GHz, 1GB DDR, X1800XT 512MB and BF2 plays very good for four or five rounds, after that it starts to become very laggy for some reason. I believe it probably is due to the memory; you almost need 2GB to be able to play many rounds without lag.

However, I had to replace my X1800XT with a X1900XTX so I cannot afford 2GB memory right now--but I believe it may perhaps be the solution to the problem.

-k0nsl

PS.
          I run everything at Ultra High and with maxed AA, etc,.

-k0nsl

Comment

jimmy can i see some screens of you playin on a 64 man server inside warlord palace with the fps showing in the corner?

Comment

Originally posted by kingdomwinds
              jimmy can i see some screens of you playin on a 64 man server inside warlord palace with the fps showing in the corner?
              Sure, when I get on later tonight I'll get the for you.

Hardly play SF, so I can't gaurentee what the framerate will be, but it should be higher than 30.

Hopped on and I didn't have any good pings to warlord servers. Had to settle for a 40 man server. Not many people are in the palace, but you can get the point from the pics.

Comment

cool thanks for the pics. But ideally, a pic with a big firefight going on would have been better. I get high fps when there are only a few ppl on screen. Fps bogs down with a huge firefight though.

Comment

i wish i could even reach 20 FPs on SF

Comment

sorry to say this jimmy but those screenshot are not impressive. All of them have no action going on and almost no players around. Try post some with a huge fire fight then ill be impressed and believe you.

Comment

i get 30-50 fps...good enough for me, i dont experience any stutters or anything, and my system isnt even all that.... 2.6ghz and an agp 6600gt.

Comment

i have no friggin clue, but my game gets slower and slower with terrible mouse lag...but in the demo..it runs fine and a good 30 fps

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                          i have no friggin clue, but my game gets slower and slower with terrible mouse lag...but in the demo..it runs fine and a good 30 fps
                          lol, you have a 5200, your lucky you can even run the game, that card isn't officially supported and to be honest, sucks.

As far as the tpoic starter, the GPU is what will ultimately determine your FPS, as long as your CPU doesnt bottleneck it, although I would assume your CPU now would allow the 7800 to perform to its max potential.

However, you should get the 7900GTX as its a far better card than the 7800.

I have a x1900xt at stock speeds with 6xAA 8xHQ AF @1440x900 (w/s)
                          Terrain, Texture, Geometry on Ultra High
                          Rest at high
                          Sound is X-Fi at Ultra High settings.

I see my Fps hit 60 on rare occasions during heavy fire on 64 man servers, but I average 90. I frequently hit 120-130 in less populated areas of maps.

I can even capture with Fraps at full resolution (I think it resizes to 1280x720) and still maintain 40-50fps. I honestly think the 7800GTX is limiting your FPS.

Comment

i play 1024 with low details...

2.8ghz, 1.5gb ram, 9800 pro

in a game like this i think sacrificing detail for viable resolution and solid framerate is the way to go.

Comment

im trying to figure whats going on with my fps too. i have an x2 4400 with 7900gt (1600x1200 4xaa 4xaf). on Karkland at the hotel i get like 35-40 fps. 70fps if im standing still, but once i look into the distance or start running its down to 35-40fps. any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X