Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Give me tips.. im a n00b lol**

Hi all,

I was havign problems with my dvd rom but now ive fixed them i can FINALLY get down to playing bf2... But I'm just wondering if anyone can give me any pointers/tips? I mean such as... hmm let me think, what to do, the way to come about doing this etc.!

I myself am in the British forces (Royal Marine Commando) and i know how do do things for real, but in the gaming wars etc there totally different. Should i just go the way i do when i was in training for the marines? Or what..?

OR... should i just run and hide somewhere? :laugh:

Thanks
    Lozza

Re: **Give me tips.. im a n00b lol**

whats the odd there is a fourm just for you

i dare you to click me

Comment

Best general tip: the best weapon is your brain (but I'm sure you already knew that). You accomplish nothing by spawning and running off to die repeatedly. Brain use = die less =)

Comment

Best general tip: the best weapon is your brain
        Very true indeed!
        Also try every weapon, kit, vehicle (in single player mode) and become familiar with all aspects of the game and memorise map layouts!
        Practice, Practice and more practice!

Sometimes peace can only be bought about by WAR!

Comment

Always go prone when firing the PKM...unless the certain situations where the enemy pops up right in your face.

Also, vehicles > inf.

I once got over 20 kills in a vodnik w/o dying...i drove it behind the enemy flag and shot everyone that passed by. No one even bothered shooting me with an eryx.

Comment

If you see anyone who is higher that a seargeant major, don't bother runnung, you will just die tired!!!! LOL

Comment

Get familiar with handling the different types of weapons. All weapons have a different feel and you wont be perfect unless you practice using them in different situations eg. moving targets, face to face combat, long range targets etc.

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

I agree with testing the weapons. Each weapon is different and gets some time getting used to. But I recommend you give yourself tips since personal experience is always the best. And there is also a tips section on this site as mentioned above. Good luck in the game. =P

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel-CM-
                    If you see anyone who is higher that a seargeant major, don't bother runnung, you will just die tired!!!! LOL
                    **** rank, I've played against LT's Majors, and plenty of em sucked. I've also had my @$$ kicked by corporals. That rank BS doesn't mean jack other than some people have no lives.

Comment

practice.

watch other players.

join a squad.

dont be afraid to die, you can learn from your mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by marinelozza
                        Hi all,

I was havign problems with my dvd rom but now ive fixed them i can FINALLY get down to playing bf2... But I'm just wondering if anyone can give me any pointers/tips? I mean such as... hmm let me think, what to do, the way to come about doing this etc.!

I myself am in the British forces (Royal Marine Commando) and i know how do do things for real, but in the gaming wars etc there totally different. Should i just go the way i do when i was in training for the marines? Or what..?

OR... should i just run and hide somewhere? :laugh:

Thanks
                        Lozza
                        Heh heh, well- you'd have to be a relatively quick thinker to do what you do, so generally- keep your wits with ya and you'll be fine.

However, pointing a gun at people in real life is very different from pointing a gun at people in BF2; but generally- like real life, in battle- it's shoot or be shot.

In any case- I'm quite intrigued with your line of work; can you tell me interesting stuff bout your work as part of the RMC?

Oh yeah, by the way- there IS a hints and tips section within this forum bulletin, you'll find it up the top somewhere of the TotalBF2 Discussion board.

Comment

When you join a server look for the biggest squad and join them,this is proberly the best way to learn.u will learn were to go what weapons to use and get the general idea for bf2...

Comment

The best tip mate is to dive straight in and have a blast,you'll soon pick up all the little tips n tricks,remember to pop back to the forums to hear what the good folk of TotalBf2 are talking/whining about too

Your job's alot tougher to learn so don't worry....play fair and just have fun.

Comment

The best thing to do when starting to play Bf2 is play in 16/20 player so you get only acouple guys. Dont go straight to 64 Player ( I did that and I got hammered) screwed my stats up at the begginging but over time Thank god im working them back up.

Comment

Working...
                              X