In dire need of support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In dire need of support

Hey guys, I bought BF2 on Friday (April 14th) and it ran fine up until last night.

What I'm experiencing is that I'm getting very low responsiveness; for example: if I want to turn, I'll turn the mouse but it won't respond for about 3 seconds. Or I'll be moving forward and if I let go of W, it wont stop for about 2-3 seconds.

I'm pretty sure my specs are ok:
    Dell Inspiron 9200 notebook (I know)
    Pentium M 1.6ghz (but, i read this "the Pentium M runs at a lower clock speed than the contemporary Pentium 4 desktop processor series, but with similar performance (e.g. a 1.6 GHz Pentium M can typically attain the performance of a 2.4 GHz Northwood Pentium 4 (400 MHz FSB, 100 MHz quad-pumped) with no Hyper-Threading Technology)."
    1 GB Ram
    ATI Mobility 9600/9700
    37% of Hard Drive is free, i regularly defrag and the recycle bin is clear

help?!?!?

edit: And yes, it's the 9200 not the 9300, this one came out about 6 months before the 9300 but then they changed it to the 9300

Re: In dire need of support

is this in single player or on the internet with other people?
    also, how fast is your internet, and what is your ping? (if it is on the internet)

and, what audio settings are you running at, EAX on?

Comment

Originally posted by sackynut
      is this in single player or on the internet with other people?
      also, how fast is your internet, and what is your ping? (if it is on the internet)

and, what audio settings are you running at, EAX on?
      I've been testing on SP, and that's where the issues have been occuring; haven't tried it on an MP server yet

My internet is Cable, I dont remember the speed though; and my average ping is about 90-110

My audio settings, In dxdiag i set them to basic and turned off EAX to see if that was the problem, but i still got the lag

Comment

thats your problem

Comment

Originally posted by bisley

thats your problem

hence the "I know"
          so are there any suggestions?

Anyone? (sry for the bump)

Comment

okay, well first off, you SHOULD NOT be getting 90ping in a single player server...

are you using a wireless connection to play?

secondly:
            this thing used to happen to me when I played Single player (well, something much like this happened)
            I couldnt really fix it, it just went away.

Comment

Originally posted by sackynut
              okay, well first off, you SHOULD NOT be getting 90ping in a single player server...

are you using a wireless connection to play?

secondly:
              this thing used to happen to me when I played Single player (well, something much like this happened)
              I couldnt really fix it, it just went away.

sry, wasn't clear: I meant for when I was playing MP my average ping was 90-110; I never really checked on SP since its just a local connection, so I'd guess my ping on SP would be.....0-5?
              And I guess i'll try some MP servers, maybe it's just my single player that's screwed up

Well the problem happens in MP too so I just re-installed, hopefully this will have fixed it

Comment

Working...
              X