Defrag Improves Load Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defrag Improves Load Time

Schedule a defrag to run nightly. I schedule mine to run at 5:30 AM when I am in bed (or probably should be).

It's easy. First, create a shortcut that executes the following command as the target:

%windir%\system32\defrag.exe -f c:

Now go to Settings > Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks > Add Scheduled Task and set up the defrag shortcut you made to run nightly.

Re: Defrag Improves Load Time

hmm, on a similar topic, do you guys think its better to get a special program that defrags your drives or just use the one that comes with windows?

Comment

Try Ashampoo Magical Defrag. This program is simply awesome and definately worth the money!
      It constantly defrags my hard drives whenever my PC is not in use!

Check it out @ http://www.ashampoo.com/frontend/pro...&idstring=0044

Comment

Originally posted by KAOSInc
        Try Ashampoo Magical Defrag. This program is simply awesome and definately worth the money!
        It constantly defrags my hard drives whenever my PC is not in use!

Check it out @ http://www.ashampoo.com/frontend/pro...&idstring=0044
        , Even a better choice is Diskeeper. Ashampoo is definetly a good defrag though.

Comment

Originally posted by TomGazpacho
          Schedule a defrag to run nightly. I schedule mine to run at 5:30 AM when I am in bed (or probably should be).

It's easy. First, create a shortcut that executes the following command as the target:

%windir%\system32\defrag.exe -f c:

Now go to Settings > Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks > Add Scheduled Task and set up the defrag shortcut you made to run nightly.
          lol really.

Comment

Or just get Diskeeper?

Comment

I used to use Diskeeper, but moved to Perfectdisk a couple years ago. both are good. I like being able to defrag my pagefile.
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Good point! Of course a FASTER hard drive helps load times as well. Raptor Raptor!

Comment

I use O&O Defrag and it works great.

Comment

Raxco's Perfect disk is the best defragger Ive used.

it moves your most used files to the edge of your hd where it can be quickly accessed.

Comment

Originally posted by skunk-dogz

it moves your most used files to the edge of your hd where it can be quickly accessed.
                      so does every other defrag tool. and i also thing perfect disk is the best

Comment

Originally posted by [2bit]Modmaven
                        Good point! Of course a FASTER hard drive helps load times as well. Raptor Raptor!
                        I choose a quiet HDD over a fast one. I had a fast drive but it made about as much noise as a hair dryer. I found I was distracted by it and didn't enjoy my PC gaming as much.

Comment

I tried making that shortcut but when I double-click it, a DOS window pops up and says "Microsoft Defragmenter" and thats it... Help?

Edit: This is the target for my defragmenter: %SystemRoot%\System32\dfrg.msc

should i try using this as a shortcut?: %SystemRoot%\System32\dfrg.msc -f c:

Comment

thanks m8

Comment

Originally posted by skunk-dogz
                              I'm a believer now. I downloaded and tried Perfect Disk. My PC boots quicker and the BF2 maps I play frequently load quickly. I was so impressed with this defragging program I bought two licenses, one for my gaming PC and one for my notebook. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                              X