UT 7k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT 7k

Anyone know anything about Unreal Tournament 2007? looks sick.

Re: UT 7k

Here's a nice review from GameSpot:
    Hang onto your flak cannons. The Unreal Tournament series is gearing up for its next appearance, and it's bringing the powerful new Unreal 3.0 technology along for the ride.

Comment

I've pre-ordered it for £17.99

Comment

that is the whole point of the game!! :laugh:

Comment

its open for pre oder on newegg! (though im just gonna buy it when it comes out, along with Enemy Territory Quak Wars and maybe a lil GRAW

Comment

ya im goona get it.

Comment

let me hijack my own thread. Sould I get UT2k4? I got the demo and I kinda enjoy it, its only 25$ and its pretty fun. Not in a BF2, FEAR sorta way, but fun.

Comment

Let me put it to you this way. I left UT2k4 and migrated to BF2 last summer because UT2k4's player base completely dried up.

A couple of months ago, I tried to get back into UT2k4, but there were literally only 5 to 10 populated servers, and on those, there were only ever 4 - 6 players at most. (The UT2k4 engine has a 16 player cap.)

The game has completely moved on to PUGs (pick up games) and private clans.

Comment

Originally posted by sackynut
                  let me hijack my own thread. Sould I get UT2k4? I got the demo and I kinda enjoy it, its only 25$ and its pretty fun. Not in a BF2, FEAR sorta way, but fun.
                  Cost me $12 for the DVD version which I thought was a pretty good deal. I only use it to play mods. Lots of new mods, or new versions of mods, have been released in the past few months. Alien Swarm is probably my favorite.

There's info on the latest ones Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Hudson
                    Let me put it to you this way. I left UT2k4 and migrated to BF2 last summer because UT2k4's player base completely dried up.

A couple of months ago, I tried to get back into UT2k4, but there were literally only 5 to 10 populated servers, and on those, there were only ever 4 - 6 players at most. (The UT2k4 engine has a 16 player cap.)

The game has completely moved on to PUGs (pick up games) and private clans.
                    I have to disagree with you here. I have gone back to playing UT2k4 for the last couple of weeks and there is loads of populated servers. Even for the less popular gametypes (I enjoy Assualt racing maps, and play on the [UTAN] Multiplay UK:: AS #1 Racing Maps Only server, ut2004://85.236.100.86:28207).

I'd say it's worth getting, there's bound to be some game modes you'll like and there is tonnes of mod's and maps, and other custom content about.

Check out BeyondUnreal.com for a cool UT community. Has all the info on UT2k4 you'd ever need too.

Comment

Originally posted by Apostle
                      I have to disagree with you here. I have gone back to playing UT2k4 for the last couple of weeks and there is loads of populated servers. Even for the less popular gametypes (I enjoy Assualt racing maps, and play on the [UTAN] Multiplay UK:: AS #1 Racing Maps Only server, ut2004://85.236.100.86:28207).
                      Maybe you have a different master server over there in England, but here in the States, that's not the case. I'd post a screenshot, but I'm too lazy at the moment. For DM, there are currently (that is at this very moment) about 25 "populated" servers--oh, and 18 of those are populated with one lone player.

For CTF (standard, vehicle, instant gib, or otherwise), forget it. Nothing. Onslaught? About the same as DM.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a UT fanboy at heart, and it's worth the $25 for the single player bot gameplay alone. I'm just telling sackynut that since he's coming from BF2 MP scene, he's going to be sorely disappointed in the current status of the UT2k4 MP community.

Heck, more people play UT classic (aka, UT99), including myself! UT2k4 just never really caught on like it was supposed to. Even Epic has acknowledged this in the past, hence one of the reasons they are trying to bring back the UT99 "feel" in the upcoming UT2k7.

Comment

I don't disbelieve you, it is true there is far less players than BF2 has at any one moment. I still think you (Sackynut) could find a good server to play on most nights though.

All depends how cheap you can get it and when UT2k7 is out, which I think is fall this year, so a little way off yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X