New To BF2 - Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To BF2 - Questions

Just picked up BF2 the toher day and I have some questions... I'm curious as to where can I find most of the players? I have the straight out of the box version, no patches, no SF, and no Euro Force. Do I need any of these addons to find the rest of the community? What version is the majority of everyone playing?

Right out of the box there are about 30 servers going at any time, with 2 ranked... am i missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Re: New To BF2 - Questions

You need version 1.22

Comment

yea dude u need patches. they have a patch packet starting from the first to the last...latest is 1.22

Comment

Originally posted by Wake51
        Just picked up BF2 the toher day and I have some questions... I'm curious as to where can I find most of the players? I have the straight out of the box version, no patches, no SF, and no Euro Force. Do I need any of these addons to find the rest of the community? What version is the majority of everyone playing?

Right out of the box there are about 30 servers going at any time, with 2 ranked... am i missing something?

Thanks in advance.
        Welcome!

Go over to http://www.ea.com/official/battlefie.../downloads.jsp
        and download the latest patch which is 1.22. Install the patch, reboot, then you can start playing.

Comment

im sure u canfind ppl in v1.0 but do take the time to download and install 1.22 (itll take like 40 minutes of installation..ew) but with that u wont need like EF or SF to find the rest of the community..for ranked servers..theres usually a bunch of 64 player servers

Comment

I just install the latest, I dont need to isntall over any older patches?

Comment

Woah, there are two ranked servers with the original game?

Comment

Originally posted by Wake51
                I just install the latest, I dont need to isntall over any older patches?
                Not if you're installing the full rather than incremental patch.

Comment

10 cents says wake installed the incremental patch.

Comment

Make sure that the patch that you are going to down load says 1.22 full, not 1.21 - 1.22 incremental!!!!!

Comment

Yes I know, seems strange that there are servers running BF2 with no patches. The last time I did an uninstall and reinstall (I have all the patches from 1.12 on my computer) I tried looking for servers at every level and found at least one listed for every one. About this same time I fired up the demo (I still have that too) and played a round or two in a nearly full demo server. Oh, for those who might ask, I still had my current rank and unlocks. The best I could tell it was a ranked server too. . . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                        im sure u canfind ppl in v1.0 but do take the time to download and install 1.22 (itll take like 40 minutes of installation..ew) but with that u wont need like EF or SF to find the rest of the community..for ranked servers..theres usually a bunch of 64 player servers
                        Hell- you know what? enjoy v1.0 while you can... I have a feeling you'll feel very "WTF!!??" over whatever EA and DICE have done to BF2 with their constant barrage of patches.

As far as I know, I'm sure I'd love for BF2 to go back to V1.0 than all the silliness they have now.

Comment

Working...
                        X