Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found Solution to a major BUG, PLEASE READ TO SEE IF THIS AFFECTS YOU

Found Solution to a major BUG, PLEASE READ TO SEE IF THIS AFFECTS YOU

Problem: After a fresh computer start up, BF2 will load fine. After exiting BF2 and proceeding to execute it again, the game EXE will encounter a problem and crash. This is an annoying problem forcing you to reboot your computer if you want to play again.

Solution:

STEPS:

1. While on the desktop eject the BF2 play cd needed to play.
    2. While the CD is out of the CD rom drive (ejected) click the bf2.exe to run BF2, it will ask you to insert the bf2 CD to play. Click OK.
    3. Now reinsert the bf2 CD.
    4. Once the auto run starts, try to play the game again, or close the auto run and use the normal EXE (usually found on your desktop).
    5. The game should load fine, works multiple times.

I recently found this solution to work for me on this annoying problem. I hope it works for you and many others. If the solution proceeds to work for many, please spread this amongst other forums.

Thanks
    -Ld-

Re: Found Solution to a major BUG, PLEASE READ TO SEE IF THIS AFFECTS YOU

Or use a virtual drive and mount a mini-image.

Comment

how would that be done?

Comment

BUMP-

and would this be a good thing to sticky?... I tried to changg the title to say it relates to the EXE crash, maybe an admin can sticky this and give it a better Title. thnks

Comment

Working...
        X