F-18 on wake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F-18 on wake?

that's weird; F-18 has always flown fine for me.

Comment

F-18 is fine for me either,
      Tho the J-10 is the best, it is still better then FAT F-35
      Are you sure it isn't your mouse moving?
      Optical mice might have this kind of problem.

Comment

F18 is def nicer than f-35 crap...

Comment

I know what he is talking about I think..

PBA does it feel like youre just flying along, and then you will just start shaking like crazy, almost like your ping just rose up to 1,000 or something...?

Comment

It usually shakes violently when ur in cockpit view but i guess its the realism of it, anyone use cockpit view in helis and jets? i do

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
              It's not the F-18 in general, it only acts like this when I'm flying it on wake as USMC
              It's happened to me multiple times. It's happened in the F35 and mostly in the F-18. Like you described, it's just an uncontrollable shake of the jet that fails all controls.

Comment

Guess I have missed something, almost 140 hours in planes and not once have I encountered it, you get a kind of shake when pulling a hard loop to the ground but as soon as you come out of the high g maneuver it goes away. Is that what you guys are talking about.

Comment

Ive had it. I know what youre talking about. It has happened to me a couple of times both in jets and in choppers. Get this- it didnt matter which side, which jet. As soon as the speed climbed over stall-speed, it shoke as if I was flying nose down at max speed. Not only cockpit view, but nosecam aswell. I could tell the plane was horribly unstable.

I always thought something was messed up with my joystick because I had to disconnect and reconnect to get that problem off.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                    I know what he is talking about I think..

PBA does it feel like youre just flying along, and then you will just start shaking like crazy, almost like your ping just rose up to 1,000 or something...?
                    Excactly! If you go slow it's normal, then when you speed up and do a slight move it goes crazy.

Comment

I've seen this, too, with every jet/helo in the game.
                      Very random bug, occurs rarely, and (for me) when it happens it will affect only one type of aircraft, i.e.: if it happens to the Hornets, the J-10's and helos will be fine.
                      Or the Cobra might be suffering in a given game, but then all the jets and the PLA/MEC choppers will be ok.

From my perspective the jet/helo appears to behave similar to when you have massive lag (where the screen jumps forward and back), but it is usually occuring on the roll axis- suddenly flipping left, then right, right, right, left again normal for an instant, yank to the right...

I know of no fix but landing and letting someone else take the plane: the bug usually picks one person to pester- no one else will experience the problem

This isn't "turbulence", nor lag. Once you're out of the jet everything is fine, you can walk around or drive a vehicle with no problems.

Be nice if they fixed the prob, but I won't hold my breath

Comment

Working...
                      X