Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Crashing Problem(Please help)

Hello,

I am having a strange problem when trying to play BF2. I have my BF2 patched to the latest version and all my drivers are up to date. The problem is when I try to log into BF2 for a second time on one boot up it will give me the "Sorry for you’re inconvenience BF2.exe must close" screen. When I restart the computer it will boot up BF2 and work fine but then when I exit and try to start BF2 I get the error a few seconds after double clicking the icon. I see the BF2 logo screen and then it gives me the error. I have tried completely removing BF2 (using the uninstaller and manually) and have had no luck. I have also tried shutting down other things running in the back round and things like that. I don’t know what could be causing this and why a complete Reinstall of BF2 won’t solve this and it seams it’s not conflicting drivers or programs because it always boots up the first try on a reboot but wont start up again until you reboot the computer. I know my computer is also free of any viruses and spy ware because I have Zone alarm and it comes up clean. (Yes I have tried shutting Zone alarm off). I first noticed the problem after I installed the BF2 patch 1.22 but I have tried installing previous patches and has had the same crashing bug. I have not installed any new software or programs that could of causes this problem at least not that I can remember.
    PC Specks
    3.0GHz 800Mhz Intel P4
    2 Gig PC3200 Ram
    P4P800 SE motherboard
    Leadtek 6600GT
    2 x WDcavarieSE SATA 80 Gig (Raid 0)
    1 x WD 40 Gig

Any help would be apreasheated (I don’t want to reformat just for bf2 when everything is working fine)
    Silent9872

Re: BF2 Crashing Problem(Please help)

Found Solution to a major BUG, PLEASE READ TO SEE IF THIS AFFECTS YOU

Problem: After a fresh computer start up, BF2 will load fine. After exiting BF2 and proceeding to execute it again, the game EXE will encounter a problem and crash. This is an annoying problem forcing you to reboot your computer if you want to play again.

Solution:

STEPS:

1. While on the desktop eject the BF2 play cd needed to play
    2. While the CD is out of the CD rom drive (ejected) click to run BF2, it will ask you to insert the bf2 CD or play. Click OK
    3. Now reinsert the bf2 CD
    4. Once the auto run start try to play the game again, or close the auto run and use the normal EXE (usually found on your desktop)
    5. The game should load fine, works multiple times

I recently found this solution to work for me on this annoying problem. I hope it works for you and many others. If the solution proceeds to work for many, please spread this amongst other forums.

Thanks
    -Ld-

Comment

It WORKS!!!

You'r work around works for me and i will spread the word. (although all this takes 30 seckonds and my pc can reboot in 30 seckonds) Thank you for your help. I have E-Mailed the EA tech support and i will post it hear when i get there reply. In the mean time post you'r hard ware and when you first noticed the problem(like after the 1.22 install). Id still like to work this out but the work around will work for now. Gess what CSS(counter Strike source) Just stoped working for me so its time to reinstall that.

Comment

please do, my cousin is having the same problem with a dell xps geforce 7800 gtx 2ghz m series processor, and 2 gigs of ram, brand spankin new, BF2 is the first game he has installed. soo, uh bump.

Comment

tell your cousin to try this work around.. takes like 10 seconds.. or 30 if you need to Lrn2usecomputers hhe :P.

specs:
          dual core amd X2 4400
          Asus A8N32-sli mobo
          7800 GTX 512mb video card
          2gigs OZC 400mzh ram

start noticing after like 1.1 patch or like 1.02? not sure cant remeber the patchs :/

Comment

hey guys i had a problem also similar to this during the game it freeze and had to reboot my com.

Comment

Aright this is what EA teck support had to say(30 seckonds was a bit over exagerated but it takes some time for drive to reck the cd). I have not had time to try this but i will post an update here when i do. Good Luck!

Hello,

Thanks for contacting EA Technical Support and for your interest with EA Games! I’m sorry for the difficulty that you are having with Battlefield 2.

However, it sounds like a corrupt entry in the registry. You may have to uninstall then reinstall the game. Kindly follow the steps below to completely remove the game from your system before reinstalling.

You can manually uninstall the game by removing the files and registry keys associated with it. Be sure to follow these steps exactly as they appear to prevent accidental file/program deletion on your system.

To delete the save files:

Open My Documents.
              Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
              To delete the game files (in the default location):

Open My Computer.
              Open the C drive.
              Open the Program Files folder.
              Open the EA GAMES folder.
              Close all open windows.
              Right-click on the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.
              To edit the registry and remove Battlefield 2:

Click on the Start button.
              Click on Run.
              Type regedit in the text field.
              Click File and then choose Export.
              Name the file Backup and make sure the Export Range is set to All.
              Click Save; you will now be returned to the Registry Editor window.
              Click the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
              Click the plus sign next to Software.
              Click the plus sign next to DICE.
              Click the plus sign next to Electronic Arts.
              Right-click and choose Delete on any Battlefield 2 folders.
              Click the plus sign next to Microsoft.
              Click the plus sign next to Windows.
              Click the plus sign next to CurrentVersion.
              Click the plus sign next to Uninstall.
              Right-click and choose Delete on the key named {04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B}.
              Close the Registry Editor.
              Battlefield 2 should now be completely uninstalled. If anything appears to be working incorrectly after editing the registry, simply double-click on the Backup file on your desktop to restore the old registry.

Install Battlefield 2, then patch with Battlefield 2 v1.22 (372MB)

Often times changing your monitor's Refresh Rate will resolve the issue you are having.

1. Right-click on your desktop and choose Properties.
              2. Click on the Settings tab in the Display Properties window.
              3. Click on the Advanced button.
              4. Click on the Monitor tab.
              5. Change the Screen refresh rate drop-down box to Default or 60Hz.
              6. Click the Apply button, and close all open windows.

If for some reason your monitor does not display an image after clicking the "Apply" button, do not touch anything. After 15 seconds the screen will revert to your previous settings.

You will also need to lower a Hardware Sound Acceleration setting on your computer to "basic". To do this, follow these steps:

· Click the Start button in the bottom left hand corner of your Desktop.
              · Click on "Run".
              · Erase any text already in the run prompt.
              · Type in: dxdiag
              · Click the OK button.
              · Select the sound tab at the top of the tool.
              · Set the Hardware Sound Acceleration Slider to "Basic".
              · Click "Exit" in the bottom right hand corner.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com)

Thank you,
              Jayson G.
              EA Games Technical Support

UPDATE

I tryed mannaualy reinstaling BF2 and It doesnot work. (even though i told them i tryed it). I gess i will have to use the work around tell i get around to reformating. If you find anaything new please post it here, I will try EA once more and see if i can get some help. Some times i think they dont even read what you write kaz i explaned the problem fully and told them i mannaualy reinstaled and they just pasted there artical about manualy reinstalled and somthing about refresh rates witch could not possible be the problem. Serousoly, what is the point of asking A question to have they paste a pertyped artical to you, big help. All games and companays are like that tho.

Too bad i cant spell and i am done bashing EA Silent out!

Comment

Working...
              X