Expert Badges not showing up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expert Badges not showing up?

I just got my expert sniper badge (Using a plane of course) and after I got it, racked up another 20 kills.

After playing three more rounds on the same server, I went and checked my stats and noticed that my gold medal from the round was there, but not my badge.. Has this happened to anyone else? Any thoughts on the reason why it would not show up?

Re: Expert Badges not showing up?

Apparnetly if you use a plane to whore points and score badges you get your house knocked down.

Comment

Wow, someones bitter. Whats the matter, not a good pilot?

Actually, when I fly, I'm always a sniper. I fly alot, and have found it usefull in case I need to bail from my plane. I try to bail as close to the enemy plane as possable, and if I dont get to it first, I shoot him.

So, not a matter of whoring points, just a matter of survival and excelent plane flying.

Now, go run to your momma and whine that someone in BF2 is beating you up, and you want them grounded.

Comment

Getting an expert kit badge by flying is like getting your mother to wipe your back side for you.

Comment

i got expert pistol the other day, but it didnt show up :S so i went and got it again, and now it shows up.

Comment

For whatever reason, stats seem to take forever to update on weekends.

Comment

It never made sense to me that the following could happen in BF2:

Joe Pilot never uses a sniper rifle. Never scores a single kill with any weapon in the sniper's kit. Yet Joe Pilot always wears the ghillie suit when he flies his shiny J-10, so guess what happens? Joe Pilot eventually becomes an expert sniper.

>> without sniping one damn thing <<

Look now at Joe Pilot's stats. Expert Sniper Badge. Ooohh shiny. But hey wait a minute... zero kills with a sniper rifle. Zero kills with clays. WTF: the guy's an "expert sniper", yet he's never used the rifle that defines the very essence of the kit?

My reply:

You got the badge because you wore the suit. It had nothing to do with your efforts as a sniper, or skills making a headshot on a running target, or stealthiness, or anything else sniper-related. You wore the suit, period.

It's identical to getting an expert knife badge because you had your knife out when you jumped into the airplane. If BF2 allowed it, every J-10-Junkie in the game would have an expert knife badge for bombing people on the Essex.

Bravo - what's next? Expert Anti-Tank because you've got a SRAW slung over your shoulder when you jump into the J-10.

I've only got a silver sniper badge, but guess what? I got it by actually sniping people - what a concept! Got it before the claymore spam disaster happened.

If EA/DICE had half a brain collectively, they would've assigned all air-based kills to an air-based kit, or failing that, to air-based awards only. Having people earn expert spec ops, or AT, or medic or sniper badges by dropping bombs from airplanes is asinine.

So enjoy the golden badge, but how can you stand looking at, when you know that you earned it by exploiting a loophole in the way the scoring works?

It's the reason why whenever I see a bunch of golden badges on someone who doesn't have a ton of ground-based kills, I figure "Oh, of course - he's a pilot. Those badges don't really mean anything at all."

Comment

No ground based kills?

LOL

Apparently, you haven't seen my stats.

57 hours, 43 minutes, and 43 seconds of on the ground time as a sniper.

with 66 hours in the air..

I have my expert knife.. gotten legitimately, and my expert spec ops, gotten legitamately.

I love to fly in this game.. just because you all cant fly, you decide to flame and Bit*h at someone who asked a simple question... Oh wait, I forgot, this is the internet, where twelve year old kids decide that since they dont know how to play, they flame the boards of people who do.

My bad.

Comment

ive just been playing in PTG city maps only server and got my expert anti tank, i was in the MEC chopper as gunner and pounded the crap out of everthing i saw and got about 55 kills or something.....but i got kicked for some reason like 5 seconds after the badge came up.

its been about 20 mins now and the badge hasnt come up in my stats, does this mean im not gunna get it?

Comment

Originally posted by SgT.uK
                    ive just been playing in PTG city maps only server and got my expert anti tank, i was in the MEC chopper as gunner and pounded the crap out of everthing i saw and got about 55 kills or something.....but i got kicked for some reason like 5 seconds after the badge came up.

its been about 20 mins now and the badge hasnt come up in my stats, does this mean im not gunna get it?
                    I doubt it, its like the server crashing you won't get it either, but I think if you get kicked then the score doesn't add on at all.

Reason you got kicked was no doubt because either your pilot was hovering say in Sharqi at the radio station top, and you just kept killing them every time they spawned, alot of servers class that as base rape.

Comment

Well, figured out that it took about 8 hours for the badge to show up after I had gotten it.

So if anyone else is having the problem, there ya go. Question answered.

The badge takes a good while to show up (maybe they check to make sure it's legit?)

Comment

Working...
                      X