Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constantly losing connection to server

Hi

Been having this problem a lot lately. After a random time I get dropped out the game back to the menu with the 'you have lost connection to the server' or suchlike. This is happening on a variety of different servers and is not down to me being dropped for a clan member/kicked/banned etc etc. Many games carry on after I have left in other words it's not that the server has gone down. I realise that this is a fairly vague type of question but I wondered if anyone else has had similar problems and found ways to improve the situation. Any help you can offer would be appreciated. I didn't bother listing my specs as I believe they are more than enough to handle the game at a certain level.

Re: Constantly losing connection to server

Same for me buddy,iv had it loads the last 2 weeks,ithought it was me

Comment

There is another thread (or a couple of them actually) addressing a sound problem that causes this type of behavior.

Specifically, if EAX is enabled in your sound options (and it is by default) and you have onboard sound such as AC'97, you may have a problem. Try disabling EAX.

If that doesn't do it, then I would consider checking your network. While your machine may be powerful, and you may be on cable, your specific network connection to your provider, or internally to your home network, may be faulty and may be responsible for your getting dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Betageek
        There is another thread (or a couple of them actually) addressing a sound problem that causes this type of behavior.

Specifically, if EAX is enabled in your sound options (and it is by default) and you have onboard sound such as AC'97, you may have a problem. Try disabling EAX.

If that doesn't do it, then I would consider checking your network. While your machine may be powerful, and you may be on cable, your specific network connection to your provider, or internally to your home network, may be faulty and may be responsible for your getting dropped.
        sorry hadn't seen the threads re. the sound issue. I'll give that a go thanks for the info. Re the network the only thing I can think is I have a new router so it may be some setting within that...unfortunately networks ain't my stongpoint but if the sound thing doesn't work i'll have a look. Thanks again

Comment

If you have a new router I would definitely check if all of the ports that BF2 uses are open. There is a list around here somewhere (google "Battlefield 2", "ports" and "router" and it should pop up).

Comment

Originally posted by Betageek
            If you have a new router I would definitely check if all of the ports that BF2 uses are open. There is a list around here somewhere (google "Battlefield 2", "ports" and "router" and it should pop up).

ok mate thanks again. much appreciated

EDIT: Found this

http://www.portforward.com/cports.htm

incase anyone else is interested but as @Betageek said there seems to be a few good sites/posts on it.

Comment

Working...
            X