Modding AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding AI

I play single player, but the AI bots are so annoying. They throw grenades more than they shoot guns. Is there something I can edit that limited or makes then not throw grenades. Tanks too. And maybe those stupid airstrikes, bots know exactly where you are when you sniper and u die after 1 kill.

Re: Modding AI

So.... just what do you want them to do? be dumb bots with no clue??

Comment

Check this thread.

He edited the configs to get him more points in SP, but using the same concept, You probably could edit the bot settings to make them stop throwing nades and such.

Comment

You could just edit the kits and remove the grenades. Then they would be unavailable.

Comment

eh i couldnt really find anything reguarding grenades. There is a file that has stuff like c4 and 2 special things. And you can rate from 1 to 10 or something and even negatives so they wont use it at all. But no mention of grenades. I just want it so grenades are there last priority because in SP all it is is a grenade fest. They dont shoot u, if they do they cant hit u from 1 foot away but they can throw a grenade and hit u from sniper range. Not sure if grenades would go for the C4 category or special 1 or special 2. Also tried editing the grenade to do no damage but it wont let you edit it and then i ended up having to reinstall bf2.

Comment

umm, in an online match human players nade way more than bots.

Comment

yay someone else!

what you gottan do is back up your objects_server.zip file if you ever plan on playing online again, or you can just reinstall

but meh, open up the objects_server.zip file
              and extract the kits folder to your desktop

all these files will be read only so all you have to do is right click the kits folder, choose properties, and clear the check box at the bottom for the read only option

hit OK, and when it prompts you select apply the to all files option, and hit OK again

go into the kits folder, open up the army of your choice, then there you will see the kit config file for each class

this example is the mec engineer:

Code:

ObjectTemplate.addTemplate RUPIS_Baghira ObjectTemplate.addTemplate wrench ObjectTemplate.addTemplate at_mine ObjectTemplate.addTemplate USHGR_M67 ObjectTemplate.addTemplate kni_knife ObjectTemplate.addTemplate UnlockMECEngineer ObjectTemplate.addTemplate UnlockMECEngineer2 ObjectTemplate.addTemplate sasrif_mp7 ObjectTemplate.addTemplate ParachuteLauncher

this section is the load out for the kit, you can add any weapon you want here,including all unlocks(even euro), and any accessory from the other kits
              but you can not use the weapons from the xpack mod

if you need to know know the name of the rifle you wish to use, the unlock names for the kit you want are at the bottom of the file

now if you would NOT want an item in the kit such as the grenade, simply edit the line for the nade(USHGR_M67) to this:

"rem ObjectTemplate.addTemplate USHGR_M67"

and it will no longer be there

now for that pesky arty that rains down on you when you snipe, or other wise stay in the same spot for too long

open up the levels folder, and go to the map you wish to play
              back up server.zip if you wish to

you'll have to bear with me here, im gunna be pulling this from memory

open up server.zip, browse around if you wish
              you see a few files that should raise a flag if youve wish to edit the maps before
              specifically i noticed the init.con, and sky.con files
              in here you can get your max view distance, and the fog, and some other things
              just play around with it to your hearts content

anyways back to arty
              browse your way to the gamemodes folder, then i believe the next folder is sp1, if its not, its easy to find

inside the sp1 folder is a file called gameplayobjects.con
              open this up with notepad

this is the file that tells the game what objects to load
              if the artillery option isnt in there, then it wont load

the arty is listed in this file "somelocation_us_art" or something similar

you can just search for the word "art" (ctrl+F)
              and youll find all the arty peices, just delete the few lines thats associated with it
              in most maps there should be 8 instances of it, i just delete all 8 so neither team has arty

now this file also includes the vehicles
              if you dont want a vehicle, just delete option for it
              or if you wanted, you can replace it with another

in karkand, i replaced all the armor with transport vehicles, cause i got tired of getting shot by a tank before i could even see it

anyways, just play around with these files to your heart content, its the best way to learn how to manipulate the game to your likeing

i dont think really are any single player tutorials out there, i may have to write one some day

gawd, that means i may have to actually use grammer and puncuation

oh and if you open up objects_server.zip again, down at the bottom is where the weapons are located, all the configuration files for the weapons are named *.tweak
              you can edit to your hearts content here as well
              also all the vehicles settings are in this file
              so are the health and sprint for the players

just mess around, best way to learn

Comment

woah thanks a bunch man. I edited the objects thing earlier by first making the grenades do 0 damage but it didnt work u still die. And making certain guns do more damage like pistols and 50 caliber crap. Shouldnt take 3 or 4 shots with a machine gun. But it had no effect nothing changed. Ill try changing the tanks into other vehicle if i can. Tanks are no fun because theres too many of them.

Comment

What EA/Dice should tweak is the AIs co-piloting ability. If you can get an AI co-pilot they'll 40% of the time sit there. And if the AA alarm starts going off they'll bail in a heartbeat.

Comment

nah they bail when the health goes red
                    and they do shoot, but only with the cannon, they never use tvgm

tricky, i dont think i made it clear, when you extract the files you want to edit, you gotta make sure you put them back into the zip file

and only getting the server files will affect how the game plays

Comment

i extracted them edited a few guns and then dragged the ones i changed back to the objects folder and then i also replaced the tanks in karkand with jeeps but nothing changed at all. The guns where still the same, and there was still tanks in karkand. Im not sure whats going on.

Comment

Originally posted by xXx-Tricky-xXx
                        I play single player, but the AI bots are so annoying. They throw grenades more than they shoot guns. Is there something I can edit that limited or makes then not throw grenades. Tanks too. And maybe those stupid airstrikes, bots know exactly where you are when you sniper and u die after 1 kill.
                        why play single player?

Comment

dial up, broadband not available.

Comment

Originally posted by xXx-Tricky-xXx
                            woah thanks a bunch man. I edited the objects thing earlier by first making the grenades do 0 damage but it didnt work u still die. And making certain guns do more damage like pistols and 50 caliber crap. Shouldnt take 3 or 4 shots with a machine gun. But it had no effect nothing changed. Ill try changing the tanks into other vehicle if i can. Tanks are no fun because theres too many of them.
                            did you repackage your objects con?

Comment

well i dragged them over and overwritten the old ones

Comment

Working...
                              X