X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This link rocks , check it out

Guys , i was surfing the Secrets of BFS and found this section "tweaks"

As a noob it helped me big time .

Check it out and i hope it helps everyone .

Re: This link rocks , check it out

wow thanks for sharing i did a couple of those things.

Comment

One thing I don't like about it, is the fact that it blindy recommends settings that don't work and never have in XP, namely some of the ones mentioned in here, which it links to:
      http://gear.ign.com/articles/626/626714p5.html pages 5 and 6.

If you look through the list you will find some of these tweaks on the XP myths or bad tweaks sections, in some of the better XP guides. Those that don't know what these settings do, to will blindy follow the instructions mentioned in the IGN article, and think it actually helps, when some of the tweaks have no effect at all and never have.

If you want to read about the tweaks that just won't go away and are bad, so you will be armoured with a little more information, on whether or not to use some of the "tweaks" listed.

Again just somthing I noticed on some of the tweaks linked to, and not the entire guide.

Comment

That guide sucks. It doesn't even mention pagefile tweaking. It just has a few scraps from here and there where are inadequate.

The speeds of your Processor and your Graphics cards directly relate to the temperature in your case.

Comment

pretty good site...(seen it b4 but meh)
          and pagefile tweaking...if u mean putting ur pagefile on ur 2nd harddrive..it doesnt help much

Comment

Working...
          X