Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G15 What Advantages ?

Guys

I am thinking of a new keyboard and the G15 is hot on my list . However for £50 i need to know if it will improve my BF2 experiance and how ?

Free beer for all answers ?

Re: G15 What Advantages ?

The keys light up so you can see them in the dark. It has a screen where you can see a bunch of cool BF2 info with some recently released software. It has a bunch of extra keys that you can program to have macros or perform any other game function.

Comment

i dont find the macro keys to be that useful (would be good if spotting wasnt so difficult to set up), unless you want to do stuff like:
      pickup medic/support kit
      drop medbag/ammo
      pick up original kit...in 1 key press

The lcd is excellent...i have an applet that displays my score, rank blah de blah etc. I like it anyway

Comment

You could also have the LCD display system info, such as CPU temp, current connection speed, CPU Load, Frame rate, RAM, etc.

I personally don't use the macros, instead I just use the middle row (G7 through G12) as a substitute for the first F keys (F1-6) so I can switch positions in a vehicle slightly easier (in my opinion).

Comment

I love my G15 so much! Even small things like being able to see a servers settings, or a clock haha. if you're practicing in SP you can also use the winamp controls wich are way easier than the alt tab.

Comment

I love the g15 keyboard, using its lcd screen for itunes and fraps is nice alone, plus the backlit keys, the macros and shortgun G keys are nice, but not SO much for bf2.

Comment

Save yourself £25 and get a Saitek Eclipse, or Saitek Gamer's Keyboard.

Saitek @ Ebuyer.co.uk

Comment

The G15's LCD is a nice looking techo-gadget but pointless.
                Thats just not true, especially if you listen to alot of music on your comp WHILE running games at the same time, I mean value wise I guess you can get a saitek eclipse but I really like the whole look and feel of G15, and the keys feel GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Alcorr
                  Thats just not true, especially if you listen to alot of music on your comp WHILE running games at the same time, I mean value wise I guess you can get a saitek eclipse but I really like the whole look and feel of G15, and the keys feel GREAT!
                  Hehe, you caught me before I edited (didn't want to start a nerdy argument ). Agreed, it's not *totally* pointless. Whatever floats your boat.

Regarding the Saitek, I feel the same way about my Saitek as you do about your G15. It's great, very, very sturdy, easy to clean, lovely key action, high contrast and blue neon backlit keys.. smashing.

Comment

Hehe, you caught me before I edited... Agreed, it's not *totally* pointless, but if you're playing music on your PC, the tracks are viewed on the monitor anyway. Whatever floats your boat.
                    Thats why I said WHILE running game at same time, so i.e. you can't see whats on ur monitor because game is up, but you want to change tracks and see what u r playing so thats what extra lcd screen is for.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcorr
                      Thats why I said WHILE running game at same time, so i.e. you can't see whats on ur monitor because game is up, but you want to change tracks and see what u r playing so thats what extra lcd screen is for.
                      Fook, man you have to get up early in the morning to beat you don't yer? I'd already edited (again)... :laugh: The screen doesn't provide the player with any advantages whilst gaming, unless of course he listens' to mp3s at the same time.
                      I'm too busy concentrating on killing people to listen to music at the same time, but if the thread starter is going to find a use for a little screen, that's cool, personally I'd spend the £25 I saved on a joystick or nice mouse.

Comment

Fook, man you have to get up early in the morning to beat you don't yer? I'd already edited (again)... :laugh: The screen doesn't provide the player with any advantages whilst gaming, unless of course he listens' to mp3s at the same time.
                        I'm too busy concentrating on killing people to listen to music at the same time, but if the thread starter is going to find a use for a little screen, that's cool, personally I'd spend the £25 I saved on a joystick.
                        Im in US, its 11pm here not in UK.

Yeah you are right, like I said value its probably better, but to each his own, I like to listen to mp3s while flying, so it helps me out, like u said, whatever floats ur boat.

Comment

Working...
                        X