BF2 Won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Won't start

I recently reformatted my harddrive and reinstalled windows. everything worked fine, even bf2 for a while. then i tried some tweaked xtreme g drivers. They installed fine and all, but i couldn't load bf2 up. So i uninstalled them (and used driver cleaner) and installed regular driver (also restarting in between, doing everything ur supposed to do), and bf2 still doesn't load. I just get the splash screen and then nothing happens. Not even a black screen. I reinstalled and i have the same thing happen! Any idea what could be causing this, directx all checks out, i pass all the dxdiag test, i am going to install another game and see if it works too :hmm: plz help! :cry:

Re: BF2 Won't start

Do other games work properly?

What does your DXDIAG.exe hardware acceleration options say?

And the slider in Display control panel -> Settings tab -> Advanced button -> Troubleshoot tab?

If you have enabled other displays, like TV-OUT try disabling them, by going to Display control panel -> Settings tab -> click the display with 2 on it. Now select Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor, press Apply and then de-select the option again and click OK or Apply. (this way ensures that it is back to default, instead of using option in ATI or Nvidia display settings)

Comment

Re: BF2 Won't start

no i don't really have any external monitors or tvs or stuff like that. I have full hardware accelleration on with writing combos. I installed the far cry demo and that works fine. However, i have had video hardware problems in the past with this computer. Bascally I get a driver errors that vary. Before i reformatted i had a BSOD infinite loop error, but i could still play bf2 after i restarted from that. Now i get a windows popup saying that windows has recovered from a serious error. They arribute it to the drivers, and direct me to a microsoft page when i do an error report. It atributes the problem to the same two files as before, the minidump and a sys file (i will write all this stuff down next time it happens). It says that if i take hardware acelleration down a little, or even turn it off it should all be fixed, but i don't think bf2 will play as well. I am going to try that tho.

Comment

Working...
      X