No announcement yet.

The most complicated game ever played.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most complicated game ever played.

I just installed Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. OMG!!! What the hell is that, It's so complicated I cant even move the plane. There's million of controls and I dont even have the 300 pages manual. In the training I cant even take off or turn left or right.

It's surely the most difficult game I've ever seen.

Re: The most complicated game ever played.

LOL ... it's a flight sim. What did you expect?

There is a 700 and something page manual online. I played it for a bit, but it is too slow for me. I prefer the unrealistic action of BF2. Simple controls and fast.

In Falcon, you rarely dogfight. The jets take each other out from miles away.

Comment

Imagine having an F-14 loaded with Phoenix's on Wake? You could take out the J-10's before they got past their base!

Comment

b-17 flying fortress was the same way...took forever to do anything...starting the engines was a feat itself lol.

Comment

Well that is the way I like em. Ive flown many flight sims in the late 80's

They are a tad slow to get going at first in the learning curve but once you mastered your aircraft you can now go after the opponet who may or may not be as skilled in his aircraft. That was the skill that decided battles in the air.

If you were in a P-38 against the Japanese Zero, you did not try to out climb or out turn it, but instead slashed thru the Zero forcing him to be on the defensive. And keeping the fight at around 15,000 where the superchargers did the best power.

The BF2's planes are sloppy and poor reproductions of the real things or those that were in sims. BUT.. for a arcade game geared towards fast and exciting action they are ok.

I recall the engine start procedure the the B-17 and they closely matched what I found in a manual at a muesum in Florida with the real B-17. Lots of fun but not for everyone.

BTW the F-16 Falcon is designed to defeat opponets in a very small area of the sky. It is designed specificially to win knife fights. But in today's kingdom of BVR weapons and sensors, any kill you can make without the turning and burning effort is a good kill.

Comment

LoMAC is the same way. Although its pretty easy to just get up and fly, granted you can start it up, its easy to just **** around in. However, learning the systems, instruments, and panels is a whole other story.

Comment

Originally posted by USI_Krusher
              Imagine having an F-14 loaded with Phoenix's on Wake? You could take out the J-10's before they got past their base!
              well, if the map were 90 miles large, and the j10 turned like a tram, and the phoenix worked like it does in flight sims, perfectly every time....

phoenixs would NEVER hit a manuevering target. shooting down anything with them is unlikely, 70s technology pushed to the limit.

an AMRAAM WILL kill anything at 40 miles. thats what youre better off with.

Comment

Lol i love some of the noobs who play a real flying game simulator and then get owned because then they dont realise what a magneto switch or pitot heat does in the cockpit controls. I am an avid flight sim gamer and a pilot and real life, and i prefer the skills it takes to fly a real flight simulator game then the cheap battlefield 2 flying.

Comment

Originally posted by 22viPer22
                  Lol i love some of the noobs who play a real flying game simulator and then get owned because then they dont realise what a magneto switch or pitot heat does in the cockpit controls. I am an avid flight sim gamer and a pilot and real life, and i prefer the skills it takes to fly a real flight simulator game then the cheap battlefield 2 flying.
                  The more time it takes to get your plane off the ground in Battlefield 2 the more idiots have a chance to stand in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by unununium
                    The more time it takes to get your plane off the ground in Battlefield 2 the more idiots have a chance to stand in front of you.
                    He he.

Might as well add that quote to my posts bashing BF2 aircraft versus pure flight sims.

Ever try to get a 747 into LAX during a storm with 350 souls on board. There is alot going on once you cross the outer marker.

Regarding the idiots that stand in the runway during BF2, I usually can go medic later after the flight and make up those negative points. No worries.

Comment

Hell Yea, glad to see there are is a more mature bunch that can handle the immersion factor of Real Flight Simulations.

LOMAC All the way!

Comment

Originally posted by unknown-soldier
                        I just installed Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. OMG!!! What the hell is that, It's so complicated I cant even move the plane. There's million of controls and I dont even have the 300 pages manual. In the training I cant even take off or turn left or right.

It's surely the most difficult game I've ever seen.

umm, nice sig.

Comment

Working...
                        X