Need TV Guiding Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need TV Guiding Tips

well, after trying to find anything that can help myself get better at doing TVs, im going here and gonna listen to the people in how i can improve. I just suck at TVing and after seeing numerous ppl TV and getting choppers out of the air so effortly, i ask how do they do it? I have been trying hard and i still suck, it seems i cant control anything. Anyone have some tips they can share in making TVing much easier?

Re: Need TV Guiding Tips

I've been gettin better at hitting moving targets lately. All I can really say is don't just rely on steering the missile. If you can lead the target right you almost don't need to guide it in the air. Just get a feel for judging distance/direction/speed of the target, try getting practice in singleplayer. I've been getting good at hitting choppers with the SRAW, same deal.

Comment

but do u click a lot where u want it to go or just once?

Comment

I'm an alright tv missiler.... I just started being in choppers about a month ago... both as pilot and gunner... but here's my tip.

the missiles seem more manueverable than I thought... and I end up only clicking it 2 or 3 times to steer it. It helps to have a good pilot though that knows the sights and what you can see.

Comment

One click after you've fired it will do for a stationary target provided you put the crosshairs right on the middle of the target. Any time the target moves or you notice it is not right in the centre of the screen, clock on it to redirect the missle

Comment

Best way would be to hook him up with a fraps recording, generally it's a 3 step thing for me, don't click as fast as you can so the missle constantly moves where you click, it wont work, try shooting targets with 1 or 2 clicks, more if the target moves.

Comment

Practice makes perfect.

Single player, start playing with bots as a gunner and youll get better significantly.

I use the 3 click rule myself when the targets are far.
              1st click- general direction of the target
              2nd click- on the target
              3rd click- adjustment, if necessary

In close, you just have to develop better judgement on the distance and speed and youll mostly do it in 1 click.

Comment

TV-missile is all about ping.
                Ping
                <40 easy
                <80 still able to use it
                <120 pain
                >120 forget about it and use the gun (actually playing gunner with a high ping is a bad idea in the first place)

Comment

Originally posted by [PTG]Spark
                  but do u click a lot where u want it to go or just once?
                  If you manage to put the crosshairs on a tank you do not have to click it like mad. Just once or twice for minor adjustments. It is better to have a good view of the target right when you fire the missile, it will be easiest. You only need to click then making an adjustment. Leading is also a good way as mentioned in a previous reply here. GooD Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Crampas
                    TV-missile is all about ping.
                    Ping
                    <40 easy
                    <80 still able to use it
                    <120 pain
                    >120 forget about it and use the gun (actually playing gunner with a high ping is a bad idea in the first place)
                    Oh man. Youre so right.

I can successfully gun up to 200 with the TVGMs, but only when the targets arent moving at full speed. Gunning is a nightmare though.

I have so many tips on what to do at 200 ping, I chose companionship over ping so I often play in US servers.

One thing a gunner should aim at, are the legs. TVGM, if the ping isnt over 200, you can shoot down the suckers with reative ease, provided you have the experience.

Comment

Click?
                      CLICK?
                      You have to click to steer?
                      OMG I have SSOOOOOOO been going wrong :cry:
                      I thought i was just proper crap cos I couldn't steer the d-a-m-n thing.
                      Boy am I stoopid :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Comment

*COUGH* (me too) lol

Comment

Over clicking is definetly a big no-no as you can see above.

One additional thing I caught myself doing when I first started using the TVGM was acting like it was a ATM by which I mean, I was aiming for the weak points on tanks and APCs. This led to alot of neart misses because I would hit the ground right next to the tank instead of the tracks. While these missles do alot of damage (one shot kill ANYWHERE on a tank or APC) they don't seem to do anything when it comes to splash damage so just aim at the center of your target.

Comment

MAKE SURE YOU AIM DOWN ON THE TARGET; its hard to go up on a target for some reason, if you're shooting down it is just a lot easier, forgive me if I am the only one who thinks this......

Comment

im no expert,but i was in pracy against bots to get my tv skills a bit better and found this odd but cool thing.

by accident of course

im in the gunner seat and see a tank,

i right click mouse for tv mode.

then i pressed right click again(not on purpose)so it switched back to guner mode.

i then pressed right click again to go back to tv mode,anyway......

when i clicked fire on the target it did not fire but marked the target with a small x(well a cross really) and when i fired it hit where the x was.

after playing around i found this a good way to hit.

i also did not no you could steer the missle which i will try out later.

p.s remeber i dont get to gun mutch so all the heli experts no flaming me plz ,as my target thing maybe old news.

Comment

Working...
                              X