BF2 keeps crashing after new ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 keeps crashing after new ram

hey guys, i just purchused 1 gig of ram to total it up to 1512, when ever i play bf2, 10 to and hour into it i crash to the desktop, many help will be acceptable

Re: BF2 keeps crashing after new ram

is it all the same type of ram? or is it different brands or something?

Comment

This may be an indirect issue....for me, BF2 ran well on medium settings until I got new ram, and then I was able to put the settings up to High. Everything runs fine but I have the same crash to desktop error. After checking the temperatures on my video card, I noticed that the heat was getting way too high when I was playing, probably leading to the card over heating and the game crashing. I know this to be true because I can play othe less intensive games and everything will be fine. So maybe you should check your video card temperatures if you have raised your settings and look at getting an after market cooler or at least blowing the dust off your fan.

Comment

Mine crashes as well from vid card overheating. A 20 inch box fan seems to keep mine pretty cool now

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_
          hey guys, i just purchused 1 gig of ram to total it up to 1512, when ever i play bf2, 10 to and hour into it i crash to the desktop, many help will be acceptable
          Is your new ram all the same clock speeds or manufaturer? i know that some ram only works with particular chipsets! Are you oc the ram at all?what are the specs of the ram you had and the ram you have bought?

Comment

Do you have Xfire? If so your game might be crashing because your accidentally hitting the button that is binded to screenshot, and sometimes this will make some bf2 games crash. It just happened to me last night.

Comment

I have the same problem before when i upgrade my ram just reinstall the game.
              And if your new RAM differs from the old one dont put them in one slot
              I mean 1,2 and 3,4 put old in 1st and new in 3rd.

Comment

Either bad ram, or different type's of ram, make sure they run at same speed, preffereably same memory. Also maybe like someone said overheating

Comment

ok first off
                  -were do i check to see what type of ram I have (ex ddr2)
                  -do I have to reinstall battlefield 2 :@
                  -i olny had 2 restarts yesterday and 1 crash to desktop of 6 hours of playing

Comment

deadcrap, yo sign into msn....

Comment

Start Up PC press DEL fast.

Comment

do you know what your rig specs are? ie/ cpu speed, memory amount in mbs/ graphics card, go in to bios and check ram speeds, try downloading cpuz and running the program to determine what ram you have, if your mobo is dual channel try putting a stick in each slot, ie, a stick in dimm 1 slot and a stick in dimm 3 slot?

Comment

DeadCRAP_

You are lucky to have all of us here who can help you. I take pleasure in helping ppl out on PC problems and I learn along the way. No sweat, calm down and do the followings:

Solution 1:
                          go to this website -> http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php. You should see "Download Latest version" and CPU-Z 1.33 near the top left hand corner of the page. Just save it and run the exe file named "cpuz.exe". YOu have several tabs there CPU, Cache, Mainboard, Memory, SPD, About. Go to the SPD tab. There it shows you 3 slots according to your information given. Check Max Bandwidth setting and report back.

Solution 2:
                          Remove the 2 512MB old ram sticks, leaving the new one 1024MB there. Run again, no need to reinstall. See if the same happens again. No need to fall back to medium settings. Report back& good luck!!

Comment

Working...
                          X