GAMECOM USB headset causing lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAMECOM USB headset causing lag

I just barely got my new plantronic gamecom headset with usb, and it amazing the quality of sound I get,but some what confuse as to why it cause lag when I play bf2?, when I remove the usb the game plays smooth and everything okay. but when it's attached, it lags. Could someone tell me what I'm missing here?,is it my ram or something?

Re: GAMECOM USB headset causing lag

I know with other games usb devices have been known to lag up games, such as Empire at War, but I did not know this happened with BF2. My suggestion would be to contact EA technical support.

Comment

What kind of CPU do you have. My guess is a lower end one.

Since USB headphones do not use the sound card (or integrated chipset) it puts more strain on your CPU.

Comment

usb audio devices depend on the cpu to render sound. i ran into a similar problem with an external audigy 2 nx (usb) card.

also, did you check in your system tray to make sure your headset isn't loading/didn't load "extra" programs?

Comment

well my cpu is an amd 3400 (2.4ghz), is that outdated now?:cry:

Comment

How much RAM?

Comment

half a gig so thats 523 ? I think of ram. you think it might just be the ram then?

Comment

512k Ram to play BF2 is too little to begin with (IMHO), the USB issue aside. Yes, it is likely the ram as your processor is more than adequate.

FYI, another 512k or RAM, or better yet another gig will improve performance of the game across the board, even if it does not solve your headset issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Betageek
                  512k Ram to play BF2 is too little to begin with (IMHO), the USB issue aside. Yes, it is likely the ram as your processor is more than adequate.

FYI, another 512k or RAM, or better yet another gig will improve performance of the game across the board, even if it does not solve your headset issue.
                  512k of ram won't help much. 512MB on the other hand...

Comment

Working...
                  X