Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRC question

Forgive me cause Im a halflife player.

Is there a script that can like autojoin a server from IRC? In HL there where scripts a while back that would autojoin the server when someone posted the ip from the server. Anything like this? Thanks!

Re: IRC question

This is BF2, there isnt even a way to copy text from the game.

someone types an IP -> find paper & pen -> write it down -> ALT+TAB -> open IRC

Why would you want to use IRC during a game anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by micr0n
      Forgive me cause Im a halflife player.

Is there a script that can like autojoin a server from IRC? In HL there where scripts a while back that would autojoin the server when someone posted the ip from the server. Anything like this? Thanks!
      If you know a bit about scripting it would not be too hard. Try this out:

on *:text:*:*: {
      if ( $numtok($1-,$asc(.)) == 4 && $numtok($1-,$asc() == 2 ) { run "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +joinServer $1 }
      }
      }

paste into remotes. I havn't really tested it so it may or may not work. use at your own risk. It will only connect if the all the other person types is an IP. You may wanna get someone to fix it up for you. I don't use mirc much anymore so this is the best I could come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Eden
        someone types an IP -> find paper & pen -> write it down -> ALT+TAB -> open IRC
        speaking of alt-tabbing, I found that instead of alt-tab if I hit the little calculator button on my keyboard bf2 minimizes (and they calc runs of course), but it seems to work better than alt-tab because when returning to bf2 there is no delay. anyone else noticed this?
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
        X