BF2+creative xtreme=HELP MEEEE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2+creative xtreme=HELP MEEEE!!

Just got a Creative Xtreme soundcard and some Logitech z 5500 speakers, the game is sounding AWESOME but I am having a couple of small problems.

When, just using my headset, I go to speak, the green "talk" icon on the right of the screen flickers and my squamembers say my voice is breaking up.

Any Ideas??

The other thing is when I am playing the game over the speakers but want to use my mic (I just use the one from the Headset). The problem is that my voice is picked up but comes out of the speakers at my end.

Is there a way to use the surround speakers and the mic without my voice coming through my own speakers??

I'm usually pretty good with this sort of thing but I've been playing with the creative cards settings for a couple of days and no joy (I must admit I've never used a mic with my PC before though)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Re: BF2+creative xtreme=HELP MEEEE!!

Not sure if you have the same feature with Creative cards, but with on-board nvidia sound, you'd have to use nvswap to change your mic input from a rear speaker output or whatever so you could use the headset, unless you were using a USB headset, which is an entirely separate sound device.

Comment

Creative Xtreme what? Creative X-FI Xtreme? You dont give a lot of information about the actual card you are working with. If you are using a headset and speakers at the same time, the sound of your voice is competing with the sound from your speakers.
      The same problem happens to some people when they have Ventrilo running and they use the ingame voice. It is not a good idea to have speakers on full blast while trying to use a mic, usually ends up crating feedback and an echo.
      Try looking through the soundblaster forums.

Comment

Open Windows Volume control and mute the microphone for playback. Windows volume control be default displays the playback mixer, to switch to the recording mixer select the drop down options menu, then properties. There should be radio buttons to select either playback or recording, in recording make sure mic is selected, while in playback mic should be muted.

Comment

Do u have your mic plugged into the front panel (i have a X-Fi). The front panel is for "mic in 2", when i had it plugged in there mic chatter came thru speakers. i plugged mine in the back "mic in 1" and all works perfectly....i had ventrillo and in game VOIP running with no probs

Comment

I've fiddled with the settings and its not coming out of the speakers now: One down...

I'm just left with the first problem; my voice cutting out when the green "talk" icon flickers.

I'm just about to try with my joystick unplugged as it has been playing up and I think it may be intefering with the signal from my b button: Fingers crossed

Comment

For some reason I have to mute my mic in windows for it to work properly in-game. If I don't mute it in windows, it bleeds into everything else.

My card is in my sig...

Comment

OK, I've tried everything now... My headset works fine with roger wilko or xfire, so its not a problem with set up.

I think it must be a bf2 problem rather than a creative one.

Has ANYONE had the problem where a few minutes into the game the green "talk" icon starts flickering and your voice breaks up?

The next thing I'm going to try is uninstalling/reinstalling everything BF2 related but do you think this will make a difference?

Comment

Working...
                X