Black parts flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black parts flash

When Im in game sometimes, I look directly at the person shooting or around the area of them and it flashes these block spot things (screenshot) everytime they shoot. They shoot it appears and then they stop it goes away, same for vehicles. Everything else I run fine with no problems.

Specs:
    Amd Athlon 2800+ XP
    1gb ram
    6200 BFG 256mb

Here is the screenshot,

Look on the street.

Re: Black parts flash

What are your settings?

Comment

I am ALMOST positive this is just a driver problem, but i said ALMOST. its not artifacting because it only shows up when he shoots around someone. It is like a driver/game engine problem if I remember correctly.

What drivers for your video card are you using? and I would suggest uninsalling them (no matter which they are) and reinstalling the newest from the nvidia website. 84.21.

Comment

Looks like artifacts. Is your video card overclocked?

Comment

It's a common problem with BF2. I've always had some wierd graphic stuff like that and I've been through 10 drivers since BF2 came out.

Comment

Im running 84.20, my video card came stock overclocked its a BFG brand. My setting are low/med graphics. I run smooth, its just this problem occurs.

Comment

I cleaned my video card, and it stopped my black flickering, I think you should find out yer temps, and or clean out your card.

Comment

If it only happens when someone shoots then it has to be an issue with dynamic lighting. If I were you I would turn my dynamic lighting down one notch then try the game and if it keeps going, I would turn it right off.

Comment

USE THE REAL DRIVERS PLEASE. those are beta drivers

1. install the latest NON-BETA drivers from nvidia.com
                  2. check temps, tell us if the temp goes over 75 while playing.
                  3. if temp doesnt go over 75, enjoy because I bet the problem wont happen ever again. 84.21 are newest drivers.

Comment

Working...
                  X