Cannot patch BF2 clean install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot patch BF2 clean install

Just formatted my harddrive, and installed BF2 from the DVD on a very nice and clean WinXP. The installation works fine, but when I go to apply the 1.22 full patch, I get a "Patch failed" at around 21%, but no dump log in the My documents\battlefield 2\dmp folder. I have also tried from safe mode with no luck.
    Anyone know what is wrong? My username in winxp is only 5 plain letters, and I also tried installing from the Administrator account.

Re: Cannot patch BF2 clean install

Originally posted by ymseymse
    Just formatted my harddrive, and installed BF2 from the DVD on a very nice and clean WinXP. The installation works fine, but when I go to apply the 1.22 full patch, I get a "Patch failed" at around 21%, but no dump log in the My documents\battlefield 2\dmp folder. I have also tried from safe mode with no luck.
    Anyone know what is wrong? My username in winxp is only 5 plain letters, and I also tried installing from the Administrator account.
    when you say "clean" install, did you also update w/service pack 2?

antivirus/antispyware running?

tried regular boot, and then closing out everything in the systray?

Comment

WinXP with SP2.
      Tried disabling everything.
      Still doesn't work.

I also tried making a new user, and install from safe mode from it, and still patch fail.

Comment

only guess is that it might have been a bad/corrupt download. might try again, with antispy/antivirus disabled.

good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X