SmartGart Won't Launch! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmartGart Won't Launch! Help!

My ATI drivers were working fine when I had the 6.3 drivers. I uninstalled that, and installed the 6.4 drivers without CCC and installed ATI Tray Tools. Now my screen is laggy and choppy because of the SmartGart not activating. I went into the Services.msc and the ATI smart service was set to automatic and it wasn't started. So I manually started it and I got this message:
    Could not start the ATI Smart service on Local Computer. Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
    Someone shed some light please! I reinstalled these drivers two times. Thanks in advance! By the way, my video card is the Radeon 9600 Pro 256 MB.

Re: SmartGart Won't Launch! Help!

Originally posted by DingleBerries
    My ATI drivers were working fine when I had the 6.3 drivers. I uninstalled that, and installed the 6.4 drivers without CCC and installed ATI Tray Tools. Now my screen is laggy and choppy because of the SmartGart not activating. I went into the Services.msc and the ATI smart service was set to automatic and it wasn't started. So I manually started it and I got this message: Someone shed some light please! I reinstalled these drivers two times. Thanks in advance! By the way, my video card is the Radeon 9600 Pro 256 MB.
    suggest you uninstall using the ATI uninstall utility, and then reinstall CCC/w 6.4 drivers if you want to turn smartgart on. i've NEVER used smartgart, can't think of a reason to, but that's up to you.
    i've had a 9600xt, a 9800pro, and a x800xt AIW.

if all else fails, roll back your drivers/ccc to 6.3.

good luck

Comment

Re: SmartGart Won't Launch! Help!

Its ok. I fixed it. Thanks for the post, but just to tell you, SmartGart is important for AGP cards. SmartGart is what activates AGP support, so I'm guessing that you have a PCI-e MB.

Comment

Working...
      X