Making higher scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making higher scores

OK, I have been playing for a while, and am doing OK. I regularly get a score of 30-40 in a public server, and I have had a few rounds in the 80's, one over a hundred twenty (stupid noobs kept running right at me, and that PKM rocks!).

Still, My kill/death ratio is still under 1.0, and I can't seem to get higher scores consistantly. In fact, I sometomes will end up in a game where I walk out with like 19 points!

It's not that i am stat padding - I don't want tips on how to artificially mark up my score. I do want to be a better player, including helping my team, being a better squad member, etc. I can play all the classes pretty well, and at staff sgt have all teh basic unlocks.

Any simple advice you'd give an average player wanting to get better?

Re: Making higher scores

know the maps, and know the popular travel routes for each flag

such as the hotel in karkand
    there are 5 different ways to get to the flag

going up the ladder on the building next to the flag, and jumping in is probably the most popular

the second would be the stairs

the least popular would be the ladders on each side of the flag, people dont like taking them because they slow you down, and make you vulnerable

and the fifth way is with a vehicle down on the road
    you have to get right up against the wall in order to be able to capture the flag, so its a wise spot to put an AT mine or C4

so the message is, if you know the routes, you will have an upper hand in getting the jump in on someone

Comment

spend more time in armor, jets ect, but you gotta be good in them too, always find the biggest gun possible, don't rush into a firefight, ambush, you may not get real higher scores but your kdr will climb, myself my kda doesnt look so hot from trying for my expert knife and pistol Lol

Comment

you want higher scores? You can try commanding, being in tanks, helicopters, or planes. I think commanding helps the most, because you can see how movement on each map dictate play. It'll help you more when you start ground pounding again.

If you just want to be a better player... just keep playing. Keep playing in squads. Learn to support your team. Cap flags and learn which flags will likely go down next and head out to defend it. I can't tell you how often I'm commanding and players are totally clueless about how the flow of battle is going. They'll all camp TV Station or a carrier.

I dunno, that's just some quick stuff at the top of my head.

Oh yeah.... HIGH SCORES does not always mean you're a good player.

Comment

dont do like me and get frustrated while playing it ruins my game. but play to have a good time. also know the streghts and weakness of each kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
            You can try commanding... I think commanding helps the most, because you can see how movement on each map dictate play. It'll help you more when you start ground pounding again.
            Not only that, but if your team wins while you're commanding, your points get doubled.

Also, full flag caps are worth 2 points while cap assists are only 1.

I think flag defends are only worth 1 point, but you're likely to get more kills defending flags than trying to cap them as most flags you will try to cap are often left defenseless. Espesially if you pick a 64 player map on a server with 10 players.

Comment

30-40 per round is certainly respectable. Nothin wrong with that. Playing as medic tends to yield more points, and you can heal yourself, so you may be able to get your K/D ratio up. Mine K/D is only 0.80 overall, so dont feel too bad. You may want to try playing as squad leader and trying to stay alive as a spawn point. If you do it right, you can get some kills and not die too much. If you have been playing a lot already, it may take awhile to get your K/D rate up...

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
                spend more time in armor, jets ect, but you gotta be good in them too, always find the biggest gun possible, don't rush into a firefight, ambush, you may not get real higher scores but your kdr will climb, myself my kda doesnt look so hot from trying for my expert knife and pistol Lol
                sitting in tanks sure will get you more kills, but its more respectable to have more kills on foot than armor

plus if youre on foot, with a squad, youre actually more likely to get more points than in armor
                you may not get as many kills, but you will definitely get more points thru team work
                and if youre with a really good squad, youre actually more likely to die less which will in turn raise your KD ratio

Comment

Originally posted by Wurum
                  Not only that, but if your team wins while you're commanding, your points get doubled.

Also, full flag caps are worth 2 points while cap assists are only 1.

I think flag defends are only worth 1 point, but you're likely to get more kills defending flags than trying to cap them as most flags you will try to cap are often left defenseless. Espesially if you pick a 64 player map on a server with 10 players.
                  A full CAP, and I mean turning the flag from the enemy flag to yours, is worth 4 points. 2 when you turn it gray and then 2 more when your flag is up.

Comment

Originally posted by Warm Pudgy
                    sitting in tanks sure will get you more kills, but its more respectable to have more kills on foot than armor

plus if youre on foot, with a squad, youre actually more likely to get more points than in armor
                    you may not get as many kills, but you will definitely get more points thru team work
                    and if youre with a really good squad, youre actually more likely to die less which will in turn raise your KD ratio
                    Ah, this reminds me that when riding in a vehichle, you get a point if the gunner gets a kill or if the driver runs a guy down. So yes, sticking with squad or other team mates helps.

Comment

Alternate what your doing.
                      I tend to tell myself after a death, no more infantry for a few deaths or such.
                      Jump in armor or air and play a bit.
                      Its hard to have a high k/d as infantry, but eaiser for T. points.
                      What I like to do is watch the map situation. I play for combat points on foot if squad work is horrid, if theres good squad work Ill pull the medic out.
                      All medic guns are good to some point..1 or 2 are one of the best guns in game..couple that with heals and ability to revive so you have someone to watch your back.
                      Grab a tank..my new favortie thing has been loading up an APC with C4, rushing an area, if by chance the tank shows up I jihad him..if I take to much dmg I ditch the APC near enemy soldiers and wait to one of them runs over and jumps in..then blow it.
                      If your new I dont think boosting K/D would help you by flying a plane. Lil to hard for a noob to jump on now and get a high K/D round.
                      Heli..be a gunner..best seat in the game.

Comment

I only have three things to say. 1)Stay with your squad. 2) help your squad with support, medic or what ever they need. 3) don't worry about your score, if you feel you have helped your team to win then who cares.

I played a round as special ops once. destroyed the enemy's assests the whole game and only got like 15 points. It crippled the other team from getting the UAV, arty, etc.... that was one of my better rounds for feeling I helped my team to win.

Have fun and don't worry about the points. I think there should be badges and stuff like that and rank for time but leave the leader boards out of it. It only creates problems.

Comment

Practice and get good with one weapon. Know the maps you play on, the routes the spots and the vehicles.

You can use armor or a jet, but with practice you get get a positive K/D without them. I mainly have a K/D while just running around as Medic of at least 2.0.

Comment

Play medic..my highest score is 238 or so.

Comment

Working...
                            X