Special Forces Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Forces Problem

Hey guys, I've got a problem with SF, just bought it, installed it...now when i try to join a map it says somthing about your game is modified and you need to revert bf2 to an older version or something like that?

any idea how to fix this?

thanks a lot!

Re: Special Forces Problem

Reapply the latest BF2 patches and also be sure your PB is up-to-date.

Use pbsetup.exe to make sure your BF2 punkbuster files are current.
    Download pbsetup.exe

Comment

I tryed everything you said but nothing worked, it Did update patch's and punkbuster, but it's still saying the same error message.

Comment

Hey a yeah i just bought SF on TUES..

i tried applying the patches i had from b4 1.2full, 1.21 IncreMENTAL, and 1.22 IncreMENTAL.... IT DIDNT WORK. i tried it over and over and it still didint work after fuggin' around uninistalling, installing for 2hrs but still giving me the "unmodified revert to official BF2" BS message.

but i figured it out.. heres how, nice and simple!

1. Download the Battlefield 2 v1.22 (372MB) FULL FROM EA,

2. run and install.

3. START SF! there yah go it works!!!

i know theres ways of doing it w/ out DLing the 1.22FULL but i didnt want to figure it out. it only took me 40min to DL compared to the 2hrs fuggin around.

hope this helps yah.

TRY IT!! 100% best bet if you got Incre"MENTAL" files!

Comment

thank you very much ben, it worked!

Comment

Originally posted by Bennessy
            Hey a yeah i just bought SF on TUES..

i tried applying the patches i had from b4 1.2full, 1.21 IncreMENTAL, and 1.22 IncreMENTAL.... IT DIDNT WORK. i tried it over and over and it still didint work after fuggin' around uninistalling, installing for 2hrs but still giving me the "unmodified revert to official BF2" BS message.

but i figured it out.. heres how, nice and simple!

1. Download the Battlefield 2 v1.22 (372MB) FULL FROM EA,

2. run and install.

3. START SF! there yah go it works!!!

i know theres ways of doing it w/ out DLing the 1.22FULL but i didnt want to figure it out. it only took me 40min to DL compared to the 2hrs fuggin around.

hope this helps yah.

TRY IT!! 100% best bet if you got Incre"MENTAL" files!
            Yep. Same thing I did to make it work in my situation. It's odd because the incrementals worked before. :shrug:

Comment

Nice sig Slacker... Lol. My favourite one though is "if everyone in '24' did as Jack Bauer said, the series would be called '12'..."

Lmao. Sorry, off-topic... But since the topic seems resolved now...

Comment

Guys I've already downloaded 1.22 (full) from EA before I installed SF, but I'm getting the same problem. Shall I re-run the patch?

Comment

Yes. SF came out around august-september, and it "patches" you to 1.11 when you install it.

By all means, reinstall 1.22.

Good luck, and if you happen to find yourself riding a jet ski one moment, and facedown watching the fishies swim the next, don't forget to say hello.

Comment

Ok, will do thanks

This week's been marvellous for me, BF2 started working again out of no-where, won loadsa badges and medals. Now today, I get SF

*things can only get betta* (that song is darn good, hey?)

Comment

Working...
                    X