Getting an Error while trying to log in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting an Error while trying to log in

Okay, so I start up my BF2, all programs shut off, firewall off, and all that good stuff. The video plays, and I come to the lLogin screen. I type in my password, and after about 5 seconds, a error comes up reading "There was an error while listening on a socket" I have no clue what that is, would love some feedback, thanks.

Re: Getting an Error while trying to log in

Some socket info i found by googling your problem. http://www.cs.rpi.edu/courses/sysprog/sockets/sock.html

A bit of what it says "Most interprocess communication uses the client server model. These terms refer to the two processes which will be communicating with each other. One of the two processes, the client, connects to the other process, the server, typically to make a request for information. A good analogy is a person who makes a phone call to another person. "

Comment

Re: Getting an Error while trying to log in

WEll the day I posted this, i did some tweakin, like i reinstalled gamespy, i went to my firewall and allowed all these ports that i dont no what they do, i went to my documents and deleted BF2, all this stuff was on the ea customer support for this error, and the game worked. Now I play this morning, 10:32 AM, east coast, its giving me the same error and all the stuff i did yesterday is still active, i dont no whats up.

O yeah by the by, i uninstalled the game today, then reinstalled it, and i started it up with out downloading the new patch. I connected, but only got a list of like 30 servers because its the old version. Then i downloaded the latest patch, and i got the error; "Error while listening in on socket", something like that. Help plz.

Bumpie

Comment

Working...
      X