Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 BSOD'ing soon after load up.

Hey guys! First post here.

Everytime I began to play BF2, randomly (usually within the first 5-10 minutes of play) I would blue screen, I rendered the game unplayable for a long time and it sat on the shelf collecting dust, well tonight I pulled it out, hoping something had changed but, no such luck. this time what I did though, was write down the info on the bluescreen and googled it. The error appeared to be a SATA driver problem, and apparently updating my SATA drivers would fix the problem, unfortunately, my dad disagrees and thinks for some reason my computer will exploded. I decided to try and install them anyway, but I cant figure it out. Im going to go ahead and trust Western Digital on the fact they dont release updates to destroy someones computer, and try and install the update.. but alas, im such a noob I cannot!

The update I have is this one - http://support.wdc.com/download/inde...n&pid=2&swid=9 (I read the readme files, but cant decifer them)

and my bluescreen error reads something along the lines of:

Quote:
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

something about 0x000000D1 (0x0000002A, 0x00000006, 0x00000000, 0xbA5EDAFB)

si3112r.sys - address Ba5EDAFB base at BA5E6000
    Datestamp 3ed7e3b96.

Any help on getting the drivers installed, or other solutions (from the forums I saw, this seems to be it) would be GREATLY appreciated.

Update: added more bluescreen info
    Update 2: Just to clear it up, mainly I want help with installing this SATA driver, im finding it difficult

Re: BF2 BSOD'ing soon after load up.

Your dad says the computer will blow up?

Has your dad ever touched a keyboard?

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
      Your dad says the computer will blow up?

Has your dad ever touched a keyboard?
      Thanks for the insightful post, he didnt use those exact words.. i thoguht the sarcasm was clear, he said theres a high chance I would fk my computer up, and he owuldnt suggest it.

And my dad is a network technician at a major highschool, GG.

Can anyone offer any actual help to my situation? I would prefer to be able to play something slightly more tactical than CSS..

/bump.

this is starting to get irritating, im going to look further into it.

Comment

what are your specs dude? Have you tried EA's half assed support center?

Comment

Working...
        X