Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP or PCI Epress????

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to use the p.c. to determine what kind of Interface you have???

Thanks,

Firestick

Re: AGP or PCI Epress????

What's the excact specs of your video card?

Comment

Originally posted by Firestick
      Hi everyone,

Is there a way to use the p.c. to determine what kind of Interface you have???

Thanks,

Firestick
      Visual inspection, checking your motherboard manual/looking up your model, running sisoft sandra or other system utilities to determine your specs etc....

Comment

My SPECs

my card is an Nvidia geforce4 MX graphics / 64mbs

My pc is

an emachines T2825 / 2800+ AMD Atholon XP proccessor / 120GB hard drive / 512 mbs DRR SDRAM at 333MHz. (read that off front of p.c)

Firestick

Comment

Erh, it's most likely simply a PCI card, maybe AGP, certainly not PCI-E.

Comment

My SPECs

my card is an Nvidia geforce4 MX graphics / 64mbs

My pc is

an emachines T2825 / 2800+ AMD Atholon XP proccessor / 120GB hard drive / 512 mbs DRR SDRAM at 333MHz. (read that off front of p.c)

Firestick
            Check on your motherboard for a card slot that's different than the other ones. It's very possible you do have AGP.

Comment

After a quick look on google once again it looks like the computer you have has an agp graphics card slot, it depends how much you want to spend but a 6800 agp version should set you back around 100-120 and will enable you to get a pretty good framerate on medium settings. There are plenty of AGP cards out there that will give you pretty impressive results with BF2, get shopping! Oh and at least another 512mb of RAM wouldn't be a bad idea or you're going to be hanging around for a while waiting to load.

Comment

yes you have an AGP slot. There are still some good AGP cards out there but beware that your ram and CPU will bottleneck you.
                BTW, that card cannot play bf2.

also, go to Start > Run > Dxdiag

and click the "display" tab. it will say somewhere around there if it is PCIexpress, AGP or PCI. dxdiag tells you you dont need visual inspection.

Comment

The latest version of CPU-z tells you which graphics interface you are using.

CPUID brings you system & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting quality softwares for your Windows & Android devices

Comment

Upgrading to 1GB of ram and an x800 or 6800 series card would give you a great deal of performance.

Comment

Thanks Gentleman,

I gotta find a new AGP Card right away!

frame rates?? is that the same as PING?
                      because im down in Saint lucia west indies. all they have ADSL - navy retired (enlisted) i never had much of a pc or opportunity to play the best games. is there a way to buy the best video card in regard to frame rates or speed??

because ive been getting kicked out of Desert Combat rooms, once in a while.

Thanks again,

Firestick

Comment

Thanks Gentleman,

because im down in Saint lucia west indies. all they have ADSL - navy retired (enlisted) i never had much of a pc or opportunity to play the best games. is there a way to buy the best video card in regard to frame rates or speed??

Thanks again,

Firestick
                        Framerate and ping are completly diffrent.

Comment

Thanks Gentleman,

Thanks again,

Firestick
                          oh wow. west indies... springtime... wow...

(edit: short answer--high frame rates are good; low pings are good)

anyway, your "ping" is how fast your information can go from your pc, to the server, and then back. it is usually denoted in milliseconds, i.e., a ping of 40 would indicate that it takes 40 milliseconds for a packet of information to cycle from your pc, be seen by a server, and then for your pc to read the return. this is based solely on your connection speed.

"frame rate", or "frames per second" (fps) refers to how fast your computer can draw pictures on your screen. this is based on a combination of things, such as CPU, RAM, and (in most modern computers) the graphics card.

you can get "choppy' or 'laggy" play due to either reason:

if your ping is high--say 500--then you are getting updated information roughly twice per second. so if you have a super graphics card, it may be drawing the picture at 60 fps, but the picture only changes twice per seond due to the high ping.

if your ping is low--say 50 instead of 500--then you are getting updated information 20 times per second, which is faster than any personal computer application can keep up with. but, if you've got a low-quality graphics card, the card will only display 5-10 fps because it can't keep up with the information.

i'd go with one of the recommendations above. another gig of ram and a x800xt or x850xt (or a comparable nVidia model, if you can stomach those) would give you a really nice gaming experience.

fair winds and following seas chief.

Comment

Working...
                          X