Flying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flying

Back to topic, I think planes are faaaar too easy to fly, you can just pull the stick back, push it forward and keep throttle at 100% at all times to fly....no skill involved. I would love to see the planes actually handling like planes, where you would need to throttle down seriously to dive and throttle in when climbing, aswell as having blackouts for the pilot, and even redouts if you go back again.

Comment

when i fly with keyboard and mouse its real hard. And you go so fast that you go all the way across the map in 5 seconds and kills u for going out of area. I can try joystick. But on keyboard when i tried to go slower it would nose dive down and crash. And it was still pretty fast.

Comment

Fly so fast that you end up out of the combat area and die? Are you aware of the turning feature on jets?

Comment

Originally posted by xXx-Tricky-xXx
          when i fly with keyboard and mouse its real hard. And you go so fast that you go all the way across the map in 5 seconds and kills u for going out of area. I can try joystick. But on keyboard when i tried to go slower it would nose dive down and crash. And it was still pretty fast.
          Well why not turn around, you slide the mouse to the right or left until ther the jet is at 90 degrees to the ground and pull back(slide mouse back).

Comment

Wait till he comes back and wants to know why there are 2 sets of numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by whoosh
              Wait till he comes back and wants to know why there are 2 sets of numbers.
              HAHA.... I can't believe this thread.. I'm even worse for reading it all... This is painfull.

Wait... Are you trying to tell me that planes can turn? haha..

Comment

I am not very good at flying, but I do mange to kill in planes, but look in the media section to the video of planwhore, then you see from first person view how some dude owns in a plane, actualy he just powns the whole other team the whole round

Comment

just this past week i started to really get into flying. i found that when i use my mouse and keyboard i do way better than using a joy stick. planes should go a little faster and should be somewhat more realistic. just after a few hours of practice i was owning like crazy and got soo many vote kicks on me because people were sick of it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrag
                    get a joystick with a throttle.
                    This is probably the best way to control and fly the best. I use my Logitech Joystick for flying mainly the jets.

Comment

I love the noobs that slow down to bomb. Then I don't have to use missiles, just rip them up with guns. Changing speeds is a great defensive tactic. Sometimes it helps against choppers, but if there are any enemy pilots around, you are taking a huge risk.

Anyone who claims to be able to outduel a similarly/better skilled pilot using a KB and mouse is delutional. You could have a debate with choppers, but not with planes.

Comment

I love the noobs that slow down to do ANYTHING, except mabe evading a J10. The idiots who slow down to take out a chopper. Why the hell would need to do that. 1 pass at 100% throttle does it for me.

Comment

You really have to have a good joystick with a throttle.

I use a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 with all forces except return to center tension off.

Comment

ok, i have to play single player because of dial up, so even with the 64 sized SP map ones, its like after 5 seconds you have to turn ur plane around then u try to shoot something but ur going so fast u cant aim at anything and within a few seconds ur on the other side of the map already and have to turn around again. And when u try to slow down just slightly, maybe let go of the W button for two seconds the plane immediatly nose dives down and u die. I dont see how to fly slowly, if im not holding the W button the whole time it immeidately crashes.

O and my joystick i cant plug it in, no where to plug it in at on my pc.

Comment

Originally posted by xXx-Tricky-xXx
                              Flying is too hard. How do you fly slower so you can aim and shoot stuff and not leave the battlearea and get blown up.
                              get a joystick, and trust me, practice flying with full speed. you will never want to slow down in a dog fight.

Comment

Are all 26 of your posts in this thread? **** man, if it dont fit your PC, get a new one, until then, practice with mouse and keyboard!

Originally posted by lamri35UK
                                ffs mate, just try it already!
                                ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X