no more bf2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no more bf2?

im assuming most of you played battlefield 1942 and was a great game, but when bf2 came out i personally thought it was better than bf 1942 so i slowly stopped playing the old 1942. i wonder if this shall also be the the story of battlefield 2 in which people will stop playing it because the new one, bf 2142, might be better. so will you forget about bf2 once the new one is out?

Re: no more bf2?

probably not, since it seems like alot of people are forcibly resisting it before its even come out, i think it will be awhile before BF2 dies. And i doubt that it ever will die, as it is a great game.

Comment

what he said

Comment

Originally posted by DR.ZYKLON
        im assuming most of you played battlefield 1942 and was a great game, but when bf2 came out i personally thought it was better than bf 1942 so i slowly stopped playing the old 1942. i wonder if this shall also be the the story of battlefield 2 in which people will stop playing it because the new one, bf 2142, might be better. so will you forget about bf2 one the new one is out?
        Most will abandon the Battlefield 2 for the new one. I know I will when I get it. But for most people to do so, of course, it will take time. Things just don't happen over night.

Comment

BF2142 isn't a true sequel, it's like what Vietnam was to 1942 but people stayed playing 1942 when Vietnam came out. BF2 won't die out until BF3.

Comment

people are still playing DC for BF1942 (a free mod called desert combat)

bf2 won't die when 2142 came. DC's survived after BFV, it is surviving after bf2, and it will still be played beyond 2142 (the game - not the year)

Comment

DC was the absolute best mod ever. Actually, I am reminded of it since you now have to dumbfire missles into other planes from the F35.

Comment

Originally posted by DR.ZYKLON
                im assuming most of you played battlefield 1942 and was a great game, but when bf2 came out i personally thought it was better than bf 1942 so i slowly stopped playing the old 1942. i wonder if this shall also be the the story of battlefield 2 in which people will stop playing it because the new one, bf 2142, might be better. so will you forget about bf2 one the new one is out?
                hopefully most of the whiners and asstards will move on and leave BF2 to us.

Comment

BF2142 is also enough of a departure from the rest of the BF seires so that it's not going to have a direct impact on BF2's player base. I suspect they are going for a slightly different target market.

The 2 games should be different enough to share space on my harddrive at the same time.

Comment

they shood just emproove the shi in the normal bf2 in the true bf3, so they both take plance in 2007, not 568764575896789

Comment

doesnt it take place in 2010 (bf2)? i like bf2 in modern times cuz its like...related to the iraq war so u can see the realism..but the 2142 just went over board...it looks like its gona be really laggy and those mechs and big tanks will just pwn all the troopers

Comment

Well, with BF1942, they released it on Mac, which gave it more legs and fresh meat for us "veterans". BFV never really took off as well. I think BF2 will die when the one AFTER BF2142 comes out.

Comment

If BF2142 was to be a similiar background to BF2, I would say you run the risk of losing players, but they seem different enough that those who fancy playing both games will not abandon BF2. If they fancy a piece of futuristic warfare that night, they'll play 2142, if they want to get back to a more real world setting, it'll be BF2.

Comment

I'm probably not going to buy 2142. It looks quite boring.

Comment

"Future War Laser PEW PEW Game" REALLY doesn't appeal to me at all. I like a modicum of realism wrt real world setting etc, I know that I won't be buying it. I'm not saying that its going to be a load of rubbish, just that its not for me. I have a feeling that those players that like BF1942/BF2 won't really enjoy the total change that 2142 will be. just my tuppence

Comment

Working...
                              X