Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is a problem with your connection

Hi,

Im calling on anyone who has experienced similar problems to the one decribed below, in the vain hope that I will be able to play this amazing game online without looking to others like Im auditioning for the next leading roll in River Dance.

As soon as I play on multiplayer do I experience "there is a problem with your connection". I have searched the user manual and the internet for an answer but to no avail. In order to help whom ever comes to my aid, I can confirm that I have done the following.

Opened all ports recommened in the manual.
    turned off my AV whilst playing
    checked for Spyware or other programs playing in background
    Turned of the VOIP and EAX?
    Turned my graphics to low
    Pestered my ISP to put me on a line that has only 30% traffic

And still I get problems, especially at night.

I am using the following kit:

Blueyonder ISP (4mb Cable Broadband)
    Motorolla Surfboard Cable Modem
    Buffalo AirStation WHR-HP-G54
    Toshiba Qosmio F20 137.
    Pentium M 1.73
    1gb RAM
    Go GeForce 6600

Please assist as I love this game even with problems so am really eager to see it jitter free.

Thanks in advance
    BBG

Re: there is a problem with your connection

Are you on wireless and on a laptop, cos i am and i get this message every minute on any server when playing wirelessly, im playing fine, for 2 seconds i get the message, message goes away and i keep on playing. So i just play on wires now; kinda takes away the fun of a laptop

It happens on any game when on wireless, except from UT 2004 for some reason....

Comment

Yeh its a laptop.

So its got to be a hard line or no go?

Comment

Are you getting the problem connecting to any server? Do you get the error straight away?

Do you get the error when BF2 automaticly tryes to connect to a setver at startup?

If, yes, yes, no, then I have the exact same problem.

Im going to reformat my computer because I havent been able to fix it for over a week.

Comment

Try playing on a hard line, if that works then keep it

Comment

dito.

All the same i can join any server and it starts.

Seems to be worst when the enemy is in range. <I put that down to sods law>
            and it also gets worse at night. PS Im in the UK..

Comment

I have a wireless connection do you think I should get a router working, because I usually get some lag (also I usually only get horrible lag(ajo6 lag) when my brother:who has a router, and I: the one with wireless, play at the same time)

Comment

read what I wrote here, I doubt all problems are caused by the same issue I can only say it has worked well for me

Comment

I have had the same problem playing the game on my laptop with my wirless connection. I spent some time trying to figure out why I was loosing my connection, I went a got a new router cause I thought it was the signal level with my connection and then found out it was teh QOS settings with my wireless cared. You need to go into your program that controls your wirless connection and make sure that it is enabled and sure should make the connection more stable. I did this and stopped getting the message.

Comment

Im going to go for the hard line option.

Just order 10mtr of black RJ45.

Will post result.

bbg

Comment

Hi, i had exactly the same problem till today, i read somewhere that it was window's wireless zero configeration that was having an issue with bf2 so i disabled that and it was fine and has been for a few hours.

To disable it goto: start,run and type: services.msc ,press ok, in the right hand window scroll down till you see wireless zero configurateration, right click it and goto properties, where it says startup type, select disabled, click ok and reboot your pc.

Hope this fixes your problem

Comment

Well What can I say. The cable did the trick so thanks to all for your assistance.

Although other wireless users may have different solutions, this one works well.
                        Basically, buffalo wireless routers and BF2 are like fat birds and pop idol. They just dont belong together.

10 metre of cable running through the house isn't the prettiest thing to see but who give a f**k if i can play with out issue.

bbg

Comment

lol sweet

Comment

Ok. But when i disable Wireless Zero Configuration Utility i have no acces anymore to the internet

Comment

Working...
                            X