To Pummel or not to Pummel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Pummel or not to Pummel!

Having experienced both sides of this treatment I put this suggestion to you:-

If your team has pushed the enemy back to their last CP, would you continually attack or pull back and guard surrounding CPs?
    This question is primarily for pub servers and not competitive league games.

I have lost count the amount of times games have been halted really prematurely with loads of tickets wasted! What do people think?

Sometimes peace can only be bought about by WAR!

Re: To Pummel or not to Pummel!

Pummel without mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
      Pummel without mercy.
      Pretty much, yeah. If that team has lost all of its other CPs, especially if the last one is uncappable, then they've earned the 'pleasure' of being slaughtered. I've been on both ends of such insanity (although more frequently on the receiving end than the giving end it seems) and usually when I'm the one being pummeled I'm angry at my sucktastic teammates, not the enemy. The enemy has earned the right to beat you down, and you have lost the right to complain, when you've relinquished all but one CP.

War is hell, 'tis said.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
        Pretty much, yeah. If that team has lost all of its other CPs, especially if the last one is uncappable, then they've earned the 'pleasure' of being slaughtered. I've been on both ends of such insanity (although more frequently on the receiving end than the giving end it seems) and usually when I'm the one being pummeled I'm angry at my sucktastic teammates, not the enemy. The enemy has earned the right to beat you down, and you have lost the right to complain, when you've relinquished all but one CP.

War is hell, 'tis said.

~Wolfgang
        I agree. I get ticked at my teammates who seem so incompetent to not even be able to hold one flag. What really drives me up the wall though is when I manage to break out and go cap a flag and not a single teammate will spawn at that point. I know they are dying and can respawn beause they are getting slaughtered. Yet nobody will spawn and the point is retaken because I can't defend it by myself.

You can bet when the coin is flipped, I beat the hell out of the other guys though. I tend to keep an eye on the outskirts to make sure nobody sneaks out.

Comment

It's on like Donkey Kong!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer

War is hell, 'tis said.

~Wolfgang
            Yeah, I've been on the victim end alot of times.

Let me tell you, there is nothing more annoying than having your teammates consistently spwan as a sniper when you're being slaughtered by a parked tank.

Comment

What grinds my gears is when there's only one CP left for our team (uncappable not included) and there are a few lone wolves out and about but either a) don't start a squad so we can spawn on them or b) are playing in a locked squad with only 1 person in it.

When this happens, I stick it out to the end of the round and then switch to the other team ASAP the next round.

When it's our team that holds all the flags but one, I show no mercy.

Comment

Wolfgang:-
                If that team has lost all of its other CPs, especially if the last one is uncappable, then they've earned the 'pleasure' of being slaughtered
                Very good point Wolfgang!
                Looking at this slightly differently then, lets say TEAM A has slaughtered TEAM B for maybe 3 or 4 games in a row (maybe more). TEAM A's good players are reluctant to change sides to even things out because they are consistently winning.
                Conclusion:- TEAM B players are gonna leave server (sometimes in enough numbers to stop play) and become very disillusioned over BF2 in general (particularly if they are new to the game).
                I know War is hell, but do we really need to make BF2 so frustrating?

Comment

I know it's stupid, but I do hold back. Primarily because I know that being killed in the mainbase and not being able to get out ****es me off to the point that I break keyboards.

I do not pummel.

Comment

pull back and set up defenses

Comment

What's funny is....that exact same scenario just happened to me. I was on a Moder's server and for some strange reason you weren't able to make squads, so when I did get the flag, noone seemed to care/spawn

*Heartbroken*
                      :'(
                      (Oh yea, DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE, or kill alot of them at once and mov in before they respawn)

Comment

Originally posted by newiq
                        I know it's stupid, but I do hold back. Primarily because I know that being killed in the mainbase and not being able to get out ****es me off to the point that I break keyboards.

I do not pummel.

ditto, im missing my keypad + key

i do not pummel, but i show no mercy with letting them capture a base

Comment

im always the one getting pummled my win loss ratio is 0.70 :cry:

the worst was on dragon valley 64 player where you were constantly attacked whilst spawning on the carrier there were enemies on carrier planes bombing and strafing and tanks firsing at the deck also not to forget snipers

Comment

Working...
                          X