Wireless gaming for BF2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless gaming for BF2!

Anyone do wireless gaming when playing bf2? If so how is it and are you satisfied with your results?

Re: Wireless gaming for BF2!

I have a laptop that connects wirelessly to a D-Link router. The connection is decent, but I do experience lag frequently while playing BF2. I dunno if the lag is caused by the wireless connection or what. Also whenever a cell phone calls the house I get disconnected and BF2 closes. This doesn't bother me too much because I would rather have a wireless connection.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnilon
      I have a laptop that connects wirelessly to a D-Link router. The connection is decent, but I do experience lag frequently while playing BF2. I dunno if the lag is caused by the wireless connection or what. Also whenever a cell phone calls the house I get disconnected and BF2 closes. This doesn't bother me too much because I would rather have a wireless connection.
      I didn't have any problems with cell phones, but my cordless phone and wireless router both have the same frequencies, so whenever I get a call, BF2 gets diconnected.

Comment

Originally posted by REIGN
        Anyone do wireless gaming when playing bf2? If so how is it and are you satisfied with your results?

I have a linksys wireless and have had alot of trouble with loosing a connetion in the middle of play. By reading the forums I have discovered that there seems to be a problem with the windows wireless zero config that was introduced in patch 1.21. After turning zero config off things have been much better, still loose a connection every now and then but much better than it was. I think if you have the option to hard wire it is better, but the game is very playable with a wireless.

Comment

i got my wireless working again properly after it used to time out after each round, but i solved my proplem by setting 128bit WEP encryption onit and it works a charm now and no difference in ping from wireless & wired so im contempt

Comment

Generally speaking, all things being equal, a wireless connection is going to introduce additional latency into your network performance, regardless of whether you also get disconnects. If you can avoid using a wireless connection you should try to do so. If you can't, try and get your computer as close to the access point as possible.

Comment

I have a LinkSysWireless G Router and have no problems with speed, lag, ping, disconections or cell phone issues. Works fine for me but, i do have my setting set to 128bit WEP encryption

Comment

Working...
              X