Random artifacts with brand new un-overclocked XFX 6600GT 256MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random artifacts with brand new un-overclocked XFX 6600GT 256MB

I've been getting random artifacts from time to time in CS:S, BF2 and on my windows desktop since I got my new graphics card. It is not overclocked or anything and it runs games very smoothly. Just awhile ago CS:S crashed my system while displaying numerous artifacts (I miss VPU recover from my X300SE ). here are my specs:

3Ghz P4 HT
    1.5GB RAM
    XFX 6600GT 256RAM

The rest is mostly junk that came with the HP pavilion (don't knock it, it's been an excellent albeit expensive PC for me so far )

Re: Random artifacts with brand new un-overclocked XFX 6600GT 256MB

what drivers are you using?

Comment

Did you fully ininstall your old ATI drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. BlackHawkPilot73
        what drivers are you using?
        81.98 forceware. I got them from nvidias site rather than using the driver disc. Could it be a driver issue? I used to use omega drivers for my X300SE and they were great but I've been using the official drivers for my nvidia card to see how well things go.

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
        Did you fully ininstall your old ATI drivers?
        Yeah, I ran driver cleaner pro and wiped everything.

Comment

You have another computer you can try the card in?

Comment

You have another computer you can try the card in?
            I do have another computer but unfortunately it does not support PCI-E. Just remembered I have a 300w power supply. Could that be the issue? I can actually play for long stretches at with my proc and vid card blaring very fine, but the artifacts seem to pop up after keeping my computer on for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
              I do have another computer but unfortunately it does not support PCI-E. Just remembered I have a 300w power supply. Could that be the issue? I can actually play for long stretches at with my proc and vid card blaring very fine, but the artifacts seem to pop up after keeping my computer on for awhile.

Sound like it may be a heat issue then. Just to eliminate it as the cause open up your comp and blow a fan inside it, see if the problem still persists.

Comment

Sound like it may be a heat issue then. Just to eliminate it as the cause open up your comp and blow a fan inside it, see if the problem still persists.
                Thanks, I'm gonna try it out. I'm in the basement so it should get nice and cool in there

Comment

I think a pwr supply upgrade is in order too. 400-450 range and dont go cheap, it's like insurance.

Comment

Working...
                  X