Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help >.<

Alright y'all,

Ive basically got the controlls down for a jet. The only problem im having right now is bombing targets. It seems as though i am overshooting them or short. How exactly can you determing when to bomb a target, or in other words, when to release the bombs. I do see many people 'dive bombing' targets such as aircraft carriers. I tried doing that, but failed miserably. i didnt pull up fast enough and crashed.

Re: Help &gt;.&lt;

Originally posted by LeMoN Q
    Alright y'all,

Ive basically got the controlls down for a jet. The only problem im having right now is bombing targets. It seems as though i am overshooting them or short. How exactly can you determing when to bomb a target, or in other words, when to release the bombs. I do see many people 'dive bombing' targets such as aircraft carriers. I tried doing that, but failed miserably. i didnt pull up fast enough and crashed.
    It takes ALOT of practice, trust me. I've got a good aviator ratio of 2.80 or so and I still suck at bombing. You can get a feel for when you should drop your bombs by using the rear chase cam (the one where you see behind your jet, it's backwards in the control options for some reason). I have rear chase binded to my mid mouse and cockpit to Z so I can quickly see how effective my bombs were. You also have to fly straight and level before you ahem, drop your load. I'd recommend getting better with the cannon though. It's much easier to take out ground targets with it. I usually save my bombs for wiping out bases that have AA whores. Hope this helps.

Comment

I dive bomb most of the time. Fly to a high altitude like about 300 - 400 and lower your speed to about 500 and stay at it until you reach your target. Tilt the plane vertically down and hit the brakes hard. You should only travel at around 200 when dropping down with the airbrakes applied. Drop your load and you should have plently of room to afterburn and get back to level.

Comment

I take the plane up to a good altitude which is uasually above most of the crappy distracting activities like helicopters getting in your way etc.

Shove the nose over to about 70 degrees down and retard the throttles on the way down. I should have the target directly below with no relative motion on my HUD in any direction when I release the bombs. They should go straight down or near vertically all over the target.

The next problem is recovering and getting out of the scene of the crime.

I like to come out of the sun against the Essex at a angle too high for them to reach me with the gun. That would be from almost directly above. Once they are out of the way I can come around and junk whatever is on that deck.

I used to do level bombings at 100 feet. But too many friendlys pack among the targets like lemmings drawn to the light. The prospect of Tk's erase the joy of such bomb work.

I like the Euro Quarry map simply because flying at 5 feet at 500+ KIA and have the simple ability to pop up slightly, release the bombs at 15 feet and be gone as they destroy the 5 peices of enemy armor who just now realizing there is a bunch of really large bombs coming up the "Road" they are on. My only worries is fighters above flying high cover or releasing the bombs at too slow of a speed and fragging myself.

The upcoming Armored Fury with the cluster bombs promise alot of fun.

Oh, I like to dive into our own artillery and bomb the edges because usually the opponets have scattered and running in a group back towards the nearest big base or group of buildings for cover.

The best bomb runs I enjoy are ones where I receive a "Enemy Armor Spotted" message from a teammate while already in my bomb run against that specific armor. Especially when the opponets have no idea Im coming downtown with some payload and fixing to party.

Comment

Wow, that was mucho packed with information. Thanks a lot. I'll apply all of your teachings to perfect my bombing. Today I made a local server on the Oilfields, and I basically searched the area for motionless helicopters and artillery guns and attempted to destory them. The artillery guns were hard to hit, since they are concealed in a woodland area. I hit the helicopter at the chinese base about 3 times. I destoryed it twice, the third drop I just damaged it. Now I'm trying to figure out how to level bomb the enemy jet fighters in the hangar. It's been hard trying to do it since their landing strip is in the middle of a mountainous region and getting level with the landing strip at speeds of 900mph+ is difficult.

Yeah -- I've been practicing bombing on Single player with Clean Sweep. That map is perfect for it since its just a long chain of islands full of infantry waiting to be blown away.

I was also practicing my fighter skills or "Dog fights". I seem to be doing just ok fighting another pilot. One of my main problems is not being able to slow down to stay behind the enemy. How do you slow down fast when traveling in a jet fighter? Also, I have been crashing a lot on my flips. Do you have to change pitch factor or mouse sensitivity???

Comment

Working...
          X